Season Guide: https://tinyurl.com/y6gp3ax9
Guidelines, Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/y2okzpxc
Car and Tracks: https://tinyurl.com/y67mqg7h

Round Information
Date: Sunday 1 Dec 2019
Time: 7:45pm (AEDT) [Practice Open at 7:25]
Track: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP
Car: Indycar (Road)
Weather report: Clear & Sunny (Summer, all sessions at 14:00)
Server Name: ASR Season 7
Server Password: asrpc2
Race administrator: Veedub

Practice Server is now up and running and available all week. (Lobby = "ASR Season 7")

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:41 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Demo lap for Catalunya. Ran a 1:27.3 - fairly happy with Sectors 1 and 2 - but felt a bit clumsy in the stadium section. Based on this lap I'm thinking low to mid to high 1:26's for qualy and mid to high 1:27's for race pace.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:29 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

So, to boil things down to brass tacks, as it were. Whatever they are. And look at what's really been achieved so far.

Ever since the official 2019 ASR Honda vs Chev war was declared, by me, a few days ago, Honda has achieved a 500% success equivalency with the best Chevy can throw at us, especially after the Trumpist factory's leisurely showing at Watkins Glenn.

Season summary: Honda as the overall leader to take it home, in points and fan support, and the bookie's favourite to lick the stamp and send it into the history books.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:38 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Err... Flouncy, you do realise I'm racing a Chevvy this season, right?

:D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:38 am 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Exactly.

It's me and Erad plus Jase vs you and your Cheffy mates.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:33 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Driver ID: #114
Car Number: #777
Achievements:

im lovin this engine manufacturer war that has broken out! :)

I haven't been able to make it this season but i've been watching on with interest, hoping to be able to do a cameo from the back of the grid or something before the season is out. let me know if these chevvy's get out of hand and you Honda blokes need more cars on the grid :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:06 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Codemasters has bought the Project Cars dev Slightly Mad.

https://racesimcentral.net/codemasters- ... -franchise

So PC2 will be the last good one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:53 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Driver ID: #114
Car Number: #777
Achievements:

no good flouncy :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:18 pm 
Takuma Sato
Driver ID: #6
Car Number: #38
Achievements:

Not a fan of this track in the Indy... Feels rather clumsy for half the track.

Either that or it just doesn't gel for me, and I'm the clumsy one. Barely into the 1:28's, mostly 1:29's and 1:30/31's with hot tyres.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:38 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Not just you Caelum, I struggle with turn 7 and pretty much everything from turn 10 to end of the lap as well :? Just can't get a good flow. Feel the car can go faster through them, but if I try it's an immediate spin.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:05 pm 
Sebastian Vettel

Car Number: #16
Achievements:

Yeah I only got up to a 1:28.597 and was mostly doing 1:29's race pace. Might try a bit more with onboard settings and see if I can drop down to the 1:27's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:39 pm 
Takuma Sato
Achievements:

I just touched 1:28.0 on a hot quali lap.

Do not approve. Won't be my best race...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:37 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Hi all,

Results for Round 7 below. Veedub managed to snag pole, but it was all downhill from there. (I hate this track :x ).

Race 1 Veedub managed to just hold the lead into turn one, and from there a grand battle ensued with FLouncy, whom eventually managed to get past Veedub and dissapared into the sunset with a dominant Race 1 win. Race 2 Cap started from pole, and ran a strong race leading every lap taking the win. Congrats Flouncy and Cap!

Did I mention that I hate this track?.

Next week we're back to ovals again, this time at Daytona Tri-Oval.

Check out tonight's results here: https://simresults.net/191201-9YU

Cheers
Veedub

P.S. I really hate this track.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 pm 
Sebastian Vettel

Car Number: #16
Achievements:

Interesting round of racing, different from the usual. And with dirty air playing a factor overtaking was made hard:

Didn't get the best Qualy result compared to other times, so settled for p4 after Chig got a grid penalty.

Started the race trying to take it easy, but got a bit greedy through turn 3 and got involved with Cap/Jase/Veedub and spun myself and Cap out. Apologies Cap, I'll take the blame for that. Did vaguely hear you ask for the position back so I pretty much obliged into T5. Stuck there and then made my way back through the field as other cars made tiny mistakes while I kept it clean and consistent. Ended up on the back of Erad who was in p3 as we both pitted, and thought I hade him covered on the stop until I saw him on my right driving down next to me. He eventually yielded, though we almost both did at the same time. From there was able to come home in a comfy p4

Race 2 was tough with all of us pretty much being behind each other. Kept it consistent despite, a small mistake that let Veedub through, but got it back a bit later. Eventually closed up on Erad as both Morcc and Cap pitted, but couldn't find a way through so pitted a bit before him. End result was p3 after he pitted and I tried to close the gap to him, but also keep Flouncy at bay. Made a mistake that let Flouncy through and Morcc back at me and was looking at being p5. Somehow Morcc shoots off to the right of my screen, like I had touched him, but for some reason I wasn't near him when that happened. Probably lag, but I backed off to not come together through the tricky uphill chicane. Came home p4, but a bit disappointed I couldn't capitalise on a closer group in race 2 to finish on the podium. Makes the championship between Cap and I interesting :?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:46 pm 
Alex Yoong
Driver ID: #108
Car Number: #99
Achievements:

That was certainly a thirsty attempt only 20 seconds into a 40 minute race, Woody! But hey it did give me a juicy start for R2... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm 
Takuma Sato
Achievements:

Can't have been Cap's race for R1, as it looks like i touched him about 25 minutes into the race, turning him around as well. Clarified that with him, then gave the position back too.

Looking at the replay on my screen is... interesting. There's a puff of smoke like i touched him, but there's daylight between us still. I thought i was following closely (but cleanly) behind, i'm wondering if my net being a bit poor today (which isn't too common) may have had something to do with it. Regardless, apologies go to Cap for a shitty R1, but contrats on the R2 victory i guess!

Started race 2 at the back, just to be sure - it was a much better feeling race for me, tyres weren't getting hammered nearly as much. Stopped as late as possible, which i *think* was the right strategy for me, the clean air certainly helped and i started posting PBs most laps and made up a fair bit of time, rejoining the back of the pack near the end of the race - not bad considering there were one or two small spins in there too.

Interestingly, the collision between myself and cap didn't show up in the race results for R1?

Race 1 incidents
■ Incident for review
Date Incident
10:05:41 - e.t. 01:26 captainleather reported contact with another vehicle [Woody5728]. CollisionMagnitude: 334
10:05:42 - e.t. 01:27 JaseGP reported contact with another vehicle [Woody5728]. CollisionMagnitude: 332
10:05:42 - e.t. 01:27 JaseGP reported contact with another vehicle [Woody5728]. CollisionMagnitude: 310

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:06 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Driver ID: #10
Car Number: #11
Achievements:

Woody wrote:
Ended up on the back of Erad who was in p3 as we both pitted, and thought I hade him covered on the stop until I saw him on my right driving down next to me. He eventually yielded, though we almost both did at the same time. From there was able to come home in a comfy p4

Yeah I'm a little dirty at that. Not you, the game. I pulled into my box in 1st gear, and after the fuel went in and I got control again, I was on the thottle, but all that happened was revs. Somehow the game put me into neutral. So by the time I figured out the problem and shifted into 1st it was too late.
On top of that I hadn't mapped my view joystick so I couldn't actually see where you were, I just knew you weren't ahead or behind me, hehe.

Woody wrote:
Eventually closed up on Erad as both Morcc and Cap pitted, but couldn't find a way through so pitted a bit before him. End result was p3 after he pitted and I tried to close the gap to him, but also keep Flouncy at bay. Made a mistake that let Flouncy through and Morcc back at me and was looking at being p5. Somehow Morcc shoots off to the right of my screen, like I had touched him, but for some reason I wasn't near him when that happened. Probably lag, but I backed off to not come together through the tricky uphill chicane. Came home p4, but a bit disappointed I couldn't capitalise on a closer group in race 2 to finish on the podium. Makes the championship between Cap and I interesting :?

I was trying so hard to keep you at bay lol. I pitted later and the trundle down pit lane was an epic long wait, but I came out ahead thankfully.
I was concentrating so much on just trying to do well and not make any mistakes that after a few laps after exiting pits, I didn't realise Flouncy had replaced you as my chaser. I thought he was you :lol:
So I was trying my darndest to keep 2nd.
Messed up at the hair pin in S3 and he got me with only a couple laps to go.

Still, double podium for the Indystructables 8-)

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Marvelous round. Great mix of people that know and/or love this track, and those that and/or don't.

I mean it's arguably the almost perfect mix of all the traditional checkboxes and some wild stuff. It's no accident it's the real testing track for F1. But it's also a track that the moment you peak and get it, you start hating it. And you mostly hate it before you peak.

I've legit done a million miles around here over the years. Fact: which is also the distance between Barcelona and Jupiter.

Race 1 had two sumptuous dogfighty laps with the Dub. Just the two but they were great. 90% of the time less than a car length. Steely defensive work there bro. In the end my confidence tipped the scales against his fear of the track and after a nice pass I only needed to drive home for the towel girls. Stellar.

Race 2 a bit tricky, and the usual drama that makes it the best bit of everything. Had a terrible first 2-3 laps, like it was a different car, thought I'd maybe set the FF or wheel wrong somehow. Took ages to get a feel, and then I hit pit limiter on the straight. Dumbarse fucktard.

Jase has also done a million miles round here and put in a classy high-power statement. A driver I am afraid of.

Erad has maybe half a million miles here, but just rocks up and delivers, as always. Beautiful performance and the double podium has the mysterious team owners thrilled. Owners and fans alike were treated to the two drivers unleashed in a final laps fury battle where Spitfire vs Spitfire tore holes in the sky. People on the ground watching cried because it was so beautiful.

On to the triangularovoid!