Season Guide: https://tinyurl.com/y6gp3ax9
Guidelines, Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/y2okzpxc
Car and Tracks: https://tinyurl.com/y67mqg7h

Round Information
Date: Sunday 3 Nov 2019
Time: 7:45pm (AEDT) [Practice Open at 7:25]
Track: Circuit of the Americas GP
Car: Indycar (Road)
Weather report: Clear & Sunny (Summer, all sessions at 14:00)
Server Name: ASR Season 7
Server Password: asrpc2
Race administrator: Veedub

Practice Server is now up and running and available all week. (Lobby = "ASR Season 7")

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:48 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Driver ID: #10
Car Number: #11
Achievements:

Sorry guys, last minute thing, can't make it this round.

I'll be back for the next one. Enjoy 8-)

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:21 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Car Number: #16
Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:

Sorry to hear Erads. Oh wait I shouldn't be that sorry cause I get to overtake you in the championship :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:26 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Hi all,

Results for Round 4 below. A dominating display from Flouncy again with pole and both race wins. Congrats Flouncy!

Next week we have a bye, with Mugello with week after. This will be the first running for ASR at Mugello and looking forward to it.

Check out tonight's results here: https://simresults.net/191103-X2R

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:48 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Driver ID: #10
Car Number: #11
Achievements:

Woody wrote:
Eradicator wrote:

Sorry to hear Erads. Oh wait I shouldn't be that sorry cause I get to overtake you in the championship :lol: :lol:

:lol:

oh crap, one point in it! :shock:

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Achievements:

Did a fair bit of practice coming into this race to try and nail down the track with the car. Found myself struggling a bit though, especially through sector 1 where I just couldn't keep the pace up. Veedub eventually gave me a helping hint by choosing the stable setup and some in car adjustments. Bought the laptimes down, but was still off the pace a fair bit.

Was okay with my time in Qualy, but couldn't hook up the perfect lap to gain that crucial 2 tenths over Captain so settled for 4th. Not bad considering I could barely do a 1:48 before Sunday.

Slow launch off the start dropped me behind Morcc who had a little moment through the first sector that allowed me back up. Settled in from there and set about building my race and being consistent. Couldn't really shake him off as he was strong in certain areas that countered the areas I was strong in, which actually made for great racing between the 2 of us. He eventually made a mistake that allowed me breathing space.

Slowly caught up to Cap and was right on his gearbox around lap 12 after Flouncy pitted. Outbraked him into the hairpin after the back straight, botching the next turn up as I flinched with him taking a look down the inside. Went side by side into the next corner but I had the inside line and kept the position. He pitted that lap and I pitted the lap after, a good in lap allowing me to come out just in front of him. Was hoping to keep the position but kind of lost it through turn 7, pulling off a nice drift in the process to stay alive. Allowed Cap through after some small contact as I didn't want to take both of us out. Kept on his tail until I spun out through turn 4. Didn't lose too much to Morcc behind and gradually pulled the gap to Cap back, but had to settle for 4th by about 4 seconds. Can't complain as it's my equal best result and had some great racing.

Race 2 I had a decent start only to lose out to everyone behind me after Cap outbraked himself. Couple of corners later Veedub spun and I hit his rear trying to avoid it off track. Was given a warning to hand back positions 2 and 3 so promptly did and carried on. Began to reel Cap in, but I also knew a very fast Veedub was catching up behind me so I just kept my head down. Made a mistake through the flat out 4 apexes of Sector 3 that allowed him through. He spun again at the same place as he did at the start, and luckily didn't take me out despite some contact; so I reset to chasing Cap down. We both pitted on the same lap, Cap pulling a Button and going through my pit box before into his own. Had the better pitstop so was right behind him for our 3rd battle of the night. Made a few mistakes that left me a bit behind, and eventually got passed by Veedub into T1. Did my best to stick with them for as long as possible, but made a few too many errors that left let them stretch the gap out more. Had a chance to snatch P3 on the last lap when Veedub did a desperate overtake on Cap, but I went off track while overtaking Veedub and had to hand the position back. Little bit disappointed, but didn't finish too far off Cap so can't complain.

Great round of racing with everyone (except Flouncy who just makes us all eat his dust), enjoyed the challenge of being consistent and allowing racing room. Massive thanks again to Veedub for pointing me in the right direction with the car and choosing the stable setup. Will use that info for the other races when looking at improving times. Need to nail down track extensions, still got way too many track cuts against my name

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:09 am 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

I watched both race replays last night and Woods I'm extremely impressed with your driving AND racecraft. You've really got a handle on the car and I can see you have the confidence to push without big risks, and you're not rattled by close racing.

Good job.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:10 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Achievements:

Flouncy wrote:
I watched both race replays last night and Woods I'm extremely impressed with your driving AND racecraft. You've really got a handle on the car and I can see you have the confidence to push without big risks, and you're not rattled by close racing.

Good job.

Cheers Flouncy, I aimed to be consistent and keep it on the track without binning it and losing too much time. I did make small changes during the race to improve my pace, trying a later braking point onto the main straight (I noticed Morcc would catch up to me there) and moving the brake bias back to about 50/49 to get through turn 16 without locking up. As I said in my race report, I took mental note of where I was quick compared to others and came up with how I could possibly overtake them. I believe F1 drivers do the same thing, that's why outbraking Cap looked so easy :lol: But I also know giving racing room is important, and having TrackIR helps so I can basically look and see where they are when next to me. Having the Fanatec Clubsport helps when catching the car during a spin, something I don't think my G27 would be able to do