Season Guide: https://tinyurl.com/y6gp3ax9
Guidelines, Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/y2okzpxc
Car and Tracks: https://tinyurl.com/y67mqg7h

Round Information
Date: Sunday 27 Oct 2019
Time: 7:45pm (AEDT) [Practice Open at 7:25]
Track: Nurburgring GP
Car: Indycar (Road)
Weather report: Clear & Sunny (Summer, all sessions at 14:00)
Server Name: ASR Season 7
Server Password: asrpc2
Race administrator: Veedub

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:27 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Driver ID: #114
Car Number: #777
Achievements:

Sounds like you guys are off to a great season, sorry I haven't been able to make it so far. First week I forgot until too late and last night I couldn't find the keys to the oval car but with ambidextrous racing back on the menu ill see you all at the Burg this sunday. :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:34 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Woot Vik's back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:13 pm 
Takuma Sato
Driver ID: #6
Car Number: #38
Achievements:

Man I'm struggling with this one... Hard to get consistent times under 1.40 at the moment. Hard push on quali is maybe low 1.39s

Annoyingly, I know where I can make up the time, just haven't been able to convert that to reality. There's an easy 7 tenths missing at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:55 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Yeah it's a tricky one, to go really quick you need to take some pretty big risks in some parts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:16 pm 
Takuma Sato
Driver ID: #6
Car Number: #38
Achievements:

I think it's the slow sections where i'm losing out the most... fast i can do... slow, not so much...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:30 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Hi all,

Results for Round 3 below. A dominant display from Flouncy tonight, with pole and both race wins. Congrats Flouncy!

Next week we're off to COTA - a track which proved to be great fun in Season 6 and is sure to throw up some good racing again.

Check out tonight's results here: https://simresults.net/191027-5os

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:33 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #18
Car Number: #999
Achievements:

I watched the second race video and it was me that tagged the back of Erad and caused him to spin. So sorry Erad I just got in too hot and steered left at the last second to miss you but make contact.

Well done to Flouncy on the 2 wins as he was way to fast tonight. It was good to be back on a real GP track again.

Have fun tonight and managed to keep it on the track, well mostly.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:45 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Car Number: #16
Achievements:

Found it hard to get this track downpat and nail decent laptimes, hence why I qualified last. Didn't exactly have high hopes, so was gonna take whatever I ended up with.

Got a decent start in race 1 and moved up a spot, but then lost it to Chig when I ran wide up the Shumacher curves. Got it back into T1 the next lap and focused on just building my race. Snuck up to P5 after both Erad and Morcc had offs, but lost that when I had an off myself. Caelum passed me a bit later, probably wasn't clean due to laggy connection, but we got through unscathed. Had an easy, uneventful pit stop (no penalty, yay) to see me through to the end and came across in P7, just ahead of being lapped by Flouncy ;)

Race 2 was an okay start, got a divebomb from Erads that forced me wide a bit that allowed Flouncy and Veedub through. Had Jase behind me, and I felt I was holding them up heaps over the next few laps, so let him through when I made a mistake. Managed to stick with him for a bit and improve my lap times following their lines and braking points into high speed corners (my weakness). Eventually he disappeared up the road due to a few tiny mistakes by me, so I set about building a consistent pace. Did get a 1 second penalty for track extensions as I built that pace, but that was a fair one and I didn't complain. Pitted on lap 10 for a splash and dash and aimed to hold my position. Had to slow down at one point to avoid getting another penalty, which allowed Jase some more breathing space. Put in some fast laps, low 1:40's that I hadn't done before and seemed to be catching him. Wasn't going to be upset if I didn't, as the penalty would have made it really hard to overcome. Could have gotten on the podium, since he had to slow down to save fuel, but finishing 2 seconds behind is something I'll take. Especially when I was struggling to get into the 1:40's at the start of the night. Ended up with a 1:39, which I'm proud of :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:32 am 
Luca Badoer
Driver ID: #117
Car Number: #100
Achievements:

Jasegp wrote:
I watched the second race video and it was me that tagged the back of Erad and caused him to spin. So sorry Erad I just got in too hot and steered left at the last second to miss you but make contact.

Well done to Flouncy on the 2 wins as he was way to fast tonight. It was good to be back on a real GP track again.

Have fun tonight and managed to keep it on the track, well mostly.

Cheers

That was me not Erad haha.

Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:24 am 
Site Admin
Driver ID: #1
Car Number: #76
Achievements:

Stats are updated.

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:20 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Cool round. I'd done a fucktonne of time on this track way back in the day and over the years and had it basically figured out, so that's why I was quick, along with my new goal of making few mistakes and staying consistent, plus traffic survival skills. There wasn't much in it in the battles with Veedub, he's fighting hard for this championship!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:37 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Car Number: #16
Achievements:

I feel like it will be Flouncy and Veedub fighting for the championship, and the rest of us fighting for the other places. Only 20 points between 3rd and 8th, and we're all fairly close to each other in terms of speed and pace, which could make things interesting and intense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:25 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Woody wrote:
I feel like it will be Flouncy and Veedub fighting for the championship, and the rest of us fighting for the other places. Only 20 points between 3rd and 8th, and we're all fairly close to each other in terms of speed and pace, which could make things interesting and intense.

Not necessarily, with dropped rounds anything could happen. Vik's a serious threat too and he could well take it if his connection issues don't stop him. Or others. And for the Dec rounds I'm house minding for a mate when those last three races are on, so will be travelling home on Sunday night for the race, then back to house-minding house, so won't be getting much practise.

Anyway, you and Caelum, as new guys, and doing great and there's some good points to come your way I'm sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:11 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Yeah, that was fun. I raced the same track, excluding arena section, in F3's this week so came into it with a fair bit of "practice". Took me a bit to figure out the right way around the arena, but once that clicked managed to get some decent laps.

Flouncy was damn fast on this one. But more importantly, also very consistent at the same time.

Race 1 I managed to stay close for a while and apply pressure, but he made no mistakes. I wasn't going to get past and I was overheating my tyres trying to stay close, so took a couple of breather laps to cool tyres before planning an all out assault and undercut during stops. Coming down main strait I had a couple of really bad stutters. Screen freezing for about 1s at a time, 2-3 times coming down the straight. Luckily on the straight though so no issues. But then I got another small stutter going through the arena, just as I was entering turn 4. It's probably the trickiest corner on the track in terms of balancing throttle and turn in angle. The blip was just enough for me to stuff it up and spin around. From there I tried to catch up to Flouncy, but really needed him to make a mistake to have any hope and he drove a flawless race. Spewing about the stuttering issues, but TBH it didn't have an impact. I wouldn't have made it past Flouncy regardless.

Race 2 I knew it was going to be imperative to stay ahead of Flouncy. Unfortunately I got caught up in the first corner incident and Flouncy got past. Getting him back on track was going to be unlikely, so shifted focus to trying to under/overcut. Stayed with him until he pitted. I had one laps fuel left and could stay out. Threw everything at the next lap. Alas it was not enough and came out from my stop just behind him.

If I was going to do this I would have to do it on track.

I was making up time in Turns 7 and 14, but Flouncy was supreme in 11 and 12 and I lost it all again there. I'd have to find some pace in those turns to have a chance.
Last few laps I threw caution to the wind and tried to match Flouncy's speed into 11. Unsurprisingly couldn't hang on, spun and that was the end of it.

Frustrating to fall short on both races, but not beating myself up to much as Flouncy was really on form. Plus I managed to grab fastest lap off him both races so at least there's that. :D