It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:41 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

petevo wrote:
Ouch. Shouldn't slow down, learnt that one a long time ago.

Yep - lesson learned the hard way on that one :(

petevo wrote:
Also, you should of qualified, would if saved yourself a bucket of free time starting up the grid.

*sigh* - yeah, somewhat sensitive and frustration topic. Skipping qauly does effectively put me out of the race for lead as I lose 20+ seconds starting from the back of the grid (and letting all the first corner heroes past), but then once the holeshot heroes have killed themselves along with a few innocent victims and the field has spread out a bit I usually have good fun racing and manage to finish.

At this stage I'd rather forgo a fight for the win but race and finish. Vs. going for it and being killed 1 or 2 laps in by those iRacers than think the race is won in the first lap and yellow flags means you floor it to make up places.

One day I might figure out how to both qaulify and not be killed by low downforce heroes, but for now I'm just enjoying racing and finishing... :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 5 - Results

Week 5 is complete and chalk up another win for Veedub - taking his third round win for the season, with a highest race points haul of 80 in F3's at Road America, achieved as part of a race from the back of the grid through to second. Pretty close result this week with Veedub only just getting past Dork_Nights 77 points in Skippy's.

Congrats also to Dork_Night for another podium this week in Skippys, and commiserations to PeteEvo having a bit of a tough race in Ferrari GT3's.

Wins and polls still remain elusive for the group, with only a single win to Vik thus far in Season 4. Vik also still leads number of races, but with a quiet weekend Dork_Night is rapidly closing the gap.

Thanks to yellow flag and low downforce heroes in F3 this week Veedub's incident count climbed this week, dropping him to third in safest racer with Vik taking over the lead with PeteEvo close on his heals. Also - with F3's going to Bathurts this week expect Vee's scores to plummit and incident counts to soar...

On to Round 6!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:51 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

Veedub wrote:

At this stage I'd rather forgo a fight for the win but race and finish. Vs. going for it and being killed 1 or 2 laps in by those iRacers than think the race is won in the first lap and yellow flags means you floor it to make up places.

One day I might figure out how to both qaulify and not be killed by low downforce heroes, but for now I'm just enjoying racing and finishing... :geek:

I get this, I really do, but you just have to go for it.

Best bet is to look at the Entries List and see where you sit (also your car number) more of less will tell you were you should/could finish. So if you're near the top you have a good chance of a good result.

But honestly, just got to go for it sometimes and have a good start. and hope there are no dive bombs. you just gotta do your part to avoid people going wide or taking stupid lines. those you have some control over. it's the "oh shit I forgot to brake" drivers you can't do too much about.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:28 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 6 - Results

Week 6 is complete and congrats to Dork_Night for securing his first win of the Season running Skippy's at Road Atlanta. Competition is hotting up with a mere 3 points between 1st and third and 14 points covering the entire field.

Congrats also to PeteEvo for a podium in Ferrari Fixed, around the mountain no less!

Also a few movements in the championship this week. With Dork_Nights win he now leads the championship by a narrow margin over Vik. PeteEvo also somehow managed to finish around Bathurts in a GT3 car with only a single incident point, and as a result now leads the safest racer rankings - well done!

On to Round 7!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:32 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 7 - Results

Week 7 is complete and congrats to Veedub for another win running F3's at Nurburgring. Congrats also to Dork_Night for a podium (2nd Place, starting from 15th!) in Skippy's.

On to Round 8!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:36 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 8 - Results

Week 8 is complete and congrats to Veedub for a win this week - his second in a row, with a score of 104 points running F3's around Sebring - his first 3 digit race result since signing on to iRacing!

Congrats also to Dork_Night for another podium (2nd, coming from 13th) on Skippys around Oran Park.

Also a few movements in the championship this week. With Veedub's wins he now sits third in the championship with a mere 5 points between him and Dork_Night.

On to Round 8 and time for the drop rounds to start kicking in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:47 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Thanks for the update Veedub and congrats again on your results.

Unfortunately I probably wont be racing as much anymore, started a new job recently and it involves a large amount of traveling :(
Also means I won't be able to partake in the PC2 championship which I was really looking forward to