Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:45 am 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Season Details:
    - Season will consist of 8 race weekends with a bye after week 4.
    - Each race weekend will consist of 2 races (a 40 minute endurance and 20 minute sprint) for a total of 16 races.
    - The championship will be decided based on your best 12 races, with your worst 4 race results dropped.
    - Season will use F1 style points system for both Drivers and Constructors championship
    - Constructors will consist of 2 driver team.

Race Details:
    - Races are held on Sunday nights. Race night will consist of a 15-minute qualy session, a 40-minute endurance race and a 20 minute sprint race.
    - Server will be established at 7:25pm AEDT/AEST.
    - An open practice session will run from 7:25pm – 7:45pm
    - Qauly will start at 7:45pm and run for 15 minutes.
    - Race 1 will start at 8:00pm. Race 1 will be a 40-minute endurance race, with a standing start based on qualification results.
    - Race 2 will follow on from Race 1 after a brief intermission. Race 2 will be a 20-minute sprint race with a rolling start following a reverse grid order from Race 1.
    - Pitstops will be enabled and it’s up to each driver to define their own pitstop strategy. (Pitstops will be required for fuel proposes in the Endurance Race, and potentially the Sprint race as well)
    - The car for this season will be the Indycar with fixed setups. Each driver can choose between Loose and Stable Setups.
    - Tyre wear will be disabled.
    - Car Damage will be off (Set to cosmetic only).
    - Weather will be set to clear for all sessions. (With season set to Summer and time for all sessions set to 14:00)

Server Details:
Name: TBA
Password: asrpc2
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/bN8wUam (“General” Voice Channel)

Realism Settings:
    - Allow Auto Start engine: Yes
    - Force Interior View: Yes
    - Force Driving Line Off: Yes
    - Force Default Setups: Yes
    - Force Manual Gears: Yes
    - Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
    - Allow ABS: No
    - Allow TC: No
    - Allow SC: No
    - Damage Type: Off/Cosmetic only.
    - Mechanical Failures: No
    - Allow Ghosted Vehicles: No
    - Force Manual Pitstops: Yes. You must use your speed limiter to avoid a penalty when you pit.
    - Pit Stop Errors: No
    - Tyre Wear: Off
    - Fuel Depletion: Yes
    - Force Cooldown Lap: Yes. You retain control of the car after the race.

Rules and Regulation Settings
    - Rules and Penalties: On
    - Track Limit Penalties: On
    - Allowable Time Penalty: 5
    - Drive-Through Pentalies: On
    - Pit Exit Penalty: On
    - Competitive Racing License: Off

Guidelines, Rules & Regulations
Race-Day Communications:
All drivers are required to join the ASR Discord “General” voice channel prior to joining race session. This channel will be used for race direction and in-race communications. All drivers are asked to set up Discord with “Push to talk” to avoid excessive background noise on the comms channel.

Racing requires concentration and as such drivers are asked to restrict voice comms during races to relevant and critical communications. Flagging where you want to pass blue flagged driver = OK. Quick apology after tap with another driver = OK. Quick expression of admiration for great overtake = OK. Lengthy discussion on the relative benefits of baroque vs. neoclassical architecture = NOT OK.

Race 2 Start Procedure:
Race 2 will run using a reverse grid, with the last finisher of Race 1 starting from pole position, second to last starting in second position, etc. etc. through to the winner of Race 1 starting in last position.
If any drivers in Race 2 did not finish Race 1 (as listed as DNF in PC2 post-race results screen) they will start behind the Race 1 winner, in their finishing order as shown on the PC2 post-race results screen. (I.e. if Race 1 had 2 DNF drivers in position 11 and 12, the DNF driver in position 11 will start behind the Race 1 winner, the DNF driver in Position 12 will start behind the DNF driver in position 11). If drivers exited out of the session before race completion and are not listed on the PC2 post-race results screen they will viewed as not having participated in Race 1.
Any drivers in Race 2 that did not participate in Race 1 will start Race 2 behind the Race 1 winner and any DNF drivers from Race 1. If more than one such driver, the sequence of drivers will be set at the discretion of Race Admin.

The grid for Race 2 will be advised by Race Admin via discord prior to the start of Race 2.

Race 2 will start with a random car grid, as there is no way to manually set a grid on PC2. The first lap of the race will be utilised as a formation lap and once the lights go green drivers must organise themselves in line with the advised grid. This should be done as follows with due care and consideration:
    - Drivers should avoid aggressive starts on the lights going green. It is advised that drivers pause for 2-3 seconds once the lights go green to ensure all drivers are ready before slowly accelerating
    - Drivers that need to move forward one or more positions should carefully move to the right to overtake slower cars
    - Drivers that need to drop positions should carefully move to the left and let cars on the right overtake
    - Drivers on the left need to allow room to allow cars to slot in front of them where needed
    - While the grid is organising the leader should maintain a moderate pace (50-80kph)
    - The race admin will confirm once the grid is assembled. At this time the driver on pole position (leader) can set a faster pace to get the field through to the final sector of the lap.
    - Once the leader reaches the start of the final sector they should slow down to moderate pace (50-80kph) to allow the grid to catch up and compress. During this time the leader must maintain a steady pace and avoid any strong acceleration/deceleration.
    - Cars should form 2 lines, with odd position cars (1,3,5,7,etc.) to the left and even position cars (2,4,6,8,etc.) to the right. Even position cars should maintain position next to but slightly behind the car ahead of them in the grid.
    - The leader should maintain moderate pace (50-80kph) up to the last corner and avoid any strong acceleration/deceleration. At any point between (and inclusive of) the last corner and the starting line the leader can accelerate. Once the leader accelerates the race has started.
    - If the leader has not accelerated by the start line the race is viewed as started once the leader crosses the start line.

Mistakes can occur during the reverse grid formation and rolling start. Drivers can accidentally overtake cars in front of them on the grid, or accelerate prior to the race start. It is up to each driver to ensure that if they make such a mistake they promptly redress the mistake (e.g. return the position, decelerate) and ensure they do not gain a lasting advantage through the mistake. Where drivers have promptly and adequately redressed an error no action will be taken.

If a driver does not adequately redress an error and gains an advantage this should be reported to the Race Admin. The Race Admin will investigate and if found to be valid the driver will be penalised at the sole discretion of Race Admin through a combination of post-race time and/or position penalties.

Driving Standards and Code of Conduct
It is expected that all drivers in the league familiarise themselves with the basics of sim racing and good racing practices. There are myriad resources littered throughout the internet covering this topic, and hence it will not be re-iterated here again, barring a few key points which cannot be stated enough:
    1) The race CANNOT be won in the first corner. The race is long, use the brakes, you won’t regret it.
    2) Divebombing is bad. You are not Senna. Or Ricciardo. You need to have a significant overlap with the car in front before either of you start breaking. If you don’t then back out & bide your time.
    3) Give racing room. Switch on the proximity indicator so you know where other drivers are. You will regret not giving enough room 100% of the time.
    4) If you’ve had an incident & spun, then stay on the brakes until all other cars are past you. Don’t try and drive out of the way. It’s easier for other drivers to avoid a stationary obstacle than a moving one.
    5) If you’ve gone off track, re-join the track safely. It’s like when you first went for your real world driver’s licence. If any other cars have to take action to avoid you, you just failed.

While participating in race events it is expected that all drivers adhere to the following code of conduct:
    • Be a courteous, friendly and responsible driver.
    • Drive within your abilities.
    • Maintain good driving manners and be respectful of others, both on and off the track.
    • Abide by the Rules set down for racing.
    • Abide by the rules for redressing racing incidents when they occur.
    • Do NOT under any circumstances abuse other players ever!
    • Do NOT under any circumstances intentionally ram/wreck/take out another driver.

Racing Incidents
ASR prides itself on being a league of hard, but clean and fair racers. You cannot have racing without contact and you cannot have contact without some incidents.
Incidents are best addressed on track. We all make mistakes sometimes. If it’s your mistake, then first and foremost ensure that you promptly and adequately redress your mistake. E.g. if you’ve accidentally punted someone off the track during an overtake you should safely let them regain the position. If you’re not sure that the incident was your fault it probably means it was.

Redressing the mistake may cost you more than the position you were fighting for. Sometimes returning the position to the affected driver means the rest of the field passes you by. Consider this school fees. Which bring us to the second point. Once you’ve made a mistake ensure you learn from it. You’ve already paid the school fees whether it be damage or lost positions, you might as well ensure you get value out of the lesson.

We all know what the right thing is to do, so let’s do it and keep the racing fair and challenging.
But if not…

Requesting review of Race Incidents
If you believe a race incident was not redressed correctly, you can request that the Race Admins review the Incident. A request for review must be lodged within 24 hours of the race and must mention the drivers involved, your point of view, the lap/race time the Incident occurred.

All drivers involved in the Incident will (if possible) be asked for their view on the incident. The Race Admins will review all available information and if found to be required can apply such penalties as they deem fit to redress the incident. This can range from time/position penalties through to disqualification and race bans.

Once issued the result of a review is final and cannot be appealed.

To request a review send the relevant information to the Race Admin on the night of the relevant race via private message on the ASR forums. You request will be reviewed by the Race Admin as quickly as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:04 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Hi Veedub, is the "Competitive Racing Licence" going to be turned off ?
It is under the Rules and Regulations settings.
It was on last Sunday.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Hi Schroda. It will be turned on with U100 so races will count to safety & driver ratings.

I've added in the rules/ reg settings that will be run on server in list as well.

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:14 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Hi All.

Velo has previously put together an excellent set of documents covering season guide, rules, regulations, incidents & review, etc. Unfortunately - the links to these documents have expired and I've not managed to find any local copies. If anyone has any copies please pm me. In the meantime I've put together a quick core dump of key guidelines, rules, regulations and general information required for the upcoming season above. I've covered everything I can think of - but if I've missed anything please advise.

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:20 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Hi Veedub With regards to the Competitive Points licence being on. I Lost 12 points last week, Big deal eh. Some of you guys have much more experience in this type of racing then others, why have it on anyway. Thought that the idea was to have fun and good racing.
thanks Shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:14 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Hi Shooter.

TBH I don't have much of a preference, just listed it as on as it has typically been on in prior seasons. It doesn't impact the racing one way or another, so happy for it to be off as well.

If anyone else feels strongly that it should be on then please jump in. Otherwise I'll change it to off.

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:33 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

FYI, got his as a reply when i posted up some season details on facebook today

Quote:
I wouldve been a lot more interested if indeed setups were allowed. Fixed setups causes an issue in that you can load a suitable setup, then exit, join the default setup server but not load a setup, the last setup you used will often still be active.

Fixed setups are pointless and easy to circumvent.

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:31 pm 
Alberto Ascari

Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Wut?

Seriously? Well all I can say is this forces a major rethink. And I really hope nobody has used this in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:00 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

WTF? Surely not. Is anyone able to test this and validate if it is actually possible? If it is a known issue surely woukd have been fixed by now?

I'm not going to be back home and able to test myself until next weekend unfortunately,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

From the same guy:

Quote:
Yeah mate its something i discovered while playing online a while ago, under the same circumstances as youre planning to set.

I had a race and loaded loose setup, didnt bother to qualify, then during race i nailed the start and went from last to about 3rd, down the main straight drafting and a guy passed me like i was going backwards. He then just pulled away hand over fist without any trouble at all.

Next race i had exited, loaded a single player race, loaded my own setup, completed a 2 lap race, then re-joined the same server with around 5 minutes left.

Qualified 2nd for Daytona tri oval, held easy with the pole sitter until he pitted, i pitted later and managed to get back out infront of him. The pair of us were MILES ahead.

Next race i didnt touch setup until prior to race, and it was obvious i was not on stock setup til then.

Suggest if someone is testing this to try some extreme set up changes that are obvious to pick up.

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:01 pm 
Jochen Rindt

Car Number: #11
Achievements:

We're all good sports here. I don't think we need to worry about it too much.

If someone is always disconnecting and rejoining races over the season, it'll raise flags. If someone consistently laps the field and has no competition, it'll raise flags.

Nothing we can do to prevent it, but we can simply ban anyone who we feel might be cheating.

Keep calm and carry on.

---

I notice damage is on. Were we going for damage off at one point?

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:05 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Yeah, i don't see it as an issue with the crew we have here. I'm no risk to anyone with or without a custom setup regardless!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:37 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:
We're all good sports here. I don't think we need to worry about it too much.

Agree, but find it odd that something as basic as this would not be fixed quickly by mad dog.

Actually, just did a bit of digging on patch notes and sounds like they fixed something this in Patch 3...

Eradicator wrote:
notice damage is on. Were we going for damage off at one point?

Right you are. Copied the settings from a prior post and didn't update. Corrected now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:36 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Veedub wrote:
Season Details:
- Car Damage will be set to “Performance Impacting”
- Damage Type: Off/Cosmetic only.

Still a bit confused by this. Is damage on or not?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm 
Alex Yoong

Achievements:

Hi,

Damage will be off. Missed the other mention in my previous update and have now corrected.

Thanks for picking this up and advising.

Cheers
Veedub.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Thanks for clarifying.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:37 pm 
Alberto Ascari

Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Does the race start you with a full tank?