Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Driver ID: #10
Car Number: #11
Achievements:

Stunub wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-f1-car-design-rules-2021/4496319/

About time they get rid of the complex aero package! I’m excited to see what this can produce. Imagine an entire race of fighting like what happened between redbull and Ferrari at Silverstone.

Cool!
I was hoping they'd pivot to ground effects. Makes the most sense for fixing the racing.

Looks like tyres will get harder though. I kind of like the current climate where multiple strategies (and mid-race strat changes) are viable.
Wouldn't harder tyres remove some of that?

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:14 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Finally some actual decisive radical action. Good job, Ross.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 am 
Luca Badoer
Driver ID: #111
Car Number: #66
Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:
Stunub wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-f1-car-design-rules-2021/4496319/

About time they get rid of the complex aero package! I’m excited to see what this can produce. Imagine an entire race of fighting like what happened between redbull and Ferrari at Silverstone.

Cool!
I was hoping they'd pivot to ground effects. Makes the most sense for fixing the racing.

Looks like tyres will get harder though. I kind of like the current climate where multiple strategies (and mid-race strat changes) are viable.
Wouldn't harder tyres remove some of that?

Harder tyres might do that but if the cars are closer together say fractions of a second between each per lap rather than seconds difference they may need to have the harder tires to enable them to race. There there is also talk of bringing in mid race refuelling which could spice things up even more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:34 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Achievements:

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:32 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

*bump* F1 fans.

So - how about dem Ferraris?

Lando is the new Ricciardo.

It's affecting me more than I thought to see Seb having his soul and reputation crushed and belief in himself evaporate. He's a strong guy but I'm seeing sadness. The best thing would be to retire at the end of this season. Cos next year's gonna be pain all over.

I hate Sochi. Fucking hate it more than anything, there's never been a worse racing track.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:14 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Good to see McLaren getting themselves sorted again. The call to move back to Merc engines is interesting. I fear that they're doing the same thing they did with Honda and making short sighted decisions.

They are the best Renault powered team out there, and the factory squad is not long for this world I fear. Fair chance Renault will go back to being engine supplier only, and then Mclaren could have been in factory driving seat with what is a very much improving power unit.

Never been a Ferrari or Vettel fan. But it is good to see the red cars making it difficult for Merc and sad to see Vettel in his current state.

Vettel to retire and Ric to Ferrari in 2020?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Achievements:

After watching Sochi, Seb still has pace and fight left in him yet. Probably would've won the race if his car didn't break down and they didn't screw him over strat wise. He was setting fastest laps first stint and gapping Leclerc.

Albon impressed me. Pit start to 5th is a good day out.
RBR, in general, impressed me as after the SC restart Max wasn't that far off the leader pace relatively. Good job Honda, almost there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:08 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr
Driver ID: #36
Car Number: #177
Achievements:

I dunno that Ferrari screwed Seb strat wise, Seb reneged on the pre-race deal (hello multi-21) and Ferrari had to try and get LeChuck back in the race. So really, Seb screwed himself. Won't lie, part of me wondered if he had just thrown a gigantic hissy fit after the pit stops and pulled over :lol:

Ferrari still finding new and interesting ways to fuck up from a strong position. Man, I'm glad I'm not a Tifosi - even being a heartbroken Williams fan is better than all that wasted potential.

G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:53 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

Where have Ferrari been all season? And lets hope that Ferrari bring the same for for 2020 before ANOTHER reset of rules for 2021.

Ferrari and Seb coped some instant Karma in Sochi.

Charles didn't learn from Singapore and radio chatter, despite him saying he did at Sochi pre-race.

Charles has been a real breath of fresh air! Is he showing up Seb like Dan did to him at RBR? I think so.

McLaren looking the goods more often than not. Back to Mercedes for 2021 will be great for the sport.

Renault, DAN GET OUT NOW!!!! I honestly don't care how they'll do in 2020 now, with only supplying themselves in 2021 and the hiring of Ocon for 2020. Not sure Renault will be where they want to be.

What seat, if any will open for him is the bigger question.

Still watching F1, but honestly can't wait for 2021 where cars can follow and you don't need to be 2 or 3 seconds a lap faster to be able to pass. Watching Charles being stuck behind Bottas at Sochi was depressing, he was faster, but lost a good 0.5-1 second in the last few turns each lap and even with straight line speed and DRS couldn't even attempt to make a move is just WRONG.

We need more open rules and regulation in motorsport, it's too black and white these days. no teams can be creative any more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 am 
Site Admin
Driver ID: #1
Car Number: #76
Achievements:

I'm sorry Kimi and Dan but Lando has taken my heart now. I now want Lando to win everything.

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:01 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

Lambo wrote:
I'm sorry Kimi and Dan but Lando has taken my heart now. I now want Lando to win everything.

I do agree he is a lot of fun on the socials. Him with the Rossi Buck Hat was brilliant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Car Number: #16
Achievements:

If you haven't heard the new 2021 rule changes, you must of have been living under a rock or something. Car design changes and finance costs are the main changes:

Here are the new rule changes explained along with the thinking and reasons behind them

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:38 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Achievements:

Aside from the videos via Woody's links, this is another good one, official announcement.

More in depth things are revealed and talked about. Worth it if you've the time.

"there's not many gentlemen in the paddock I'm afraid" - Ross Brawn :lol:
https://youtu.be/3JddVHuPmCM?t=2089 (where he says it)

EDIT: Also, the graph at this point is fantastic. Huge gains for cars following!
https://youtu.be/3JddVHuPmCM?t=960

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:45 am 
Gilles Villeneuve

Achievements:

Was never in doubt, and Ferrari are starting to look desperate to keep up with Mercedes. Fairly obvious with the way Vettel was pushing when his suspension gave in. Hopefully they can come back more in 2020 and make it a closer fight.

Also Giovinazzi is confirmed at Alfa Romeo alongside Kimi. Pretty much all teams are confirmed, except for Williams, Red Bull and Toro Rosso. Most likely Albon will retain his Red Bull seat with an unchanged Toro Rosso line up, while at Williams a new driver might come in alongside George Russell. Seeing as Ocon has joined Renault, it's likely Hulkenberg will be without a seat for next year. You can catch up at https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/2020-f1-driver-line-latest-news-and-rumours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:21 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Achievements:

Would Hulks go to Williams? Kubica I'm pretty sure is exiting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:28 pm 
Takuma Sato
Driver ID: #6
Car Number: #38
Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:

i think he's said not... and i'd expect latifi to be about $10m cheaper...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:43 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Achievements:

Chigerama wrote:
Eradicator wrote:

i think he's said not... and i'd expect latifi to be about $10m cheaper...

Quote:
While his options quickly close up elsewhere, Hülkenberg has been linked with a possible switch to Williams but the German has ruled the move out, saying that there are no discussions taking place to return to the British team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm 
Gilles Villeneuve

Achievements:

Hmmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Achievements:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12