Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:01 pm 
Giuseppe Farina

Car Number: #7
Achievements:

Ploddy wrote:
That decision - I can’t even

agreed! :x

The Renault engine seems very competitive at the moment (since Monaco) and a few steps ahead of honda based on that back straight. e.g ric defending gas+DRS during the early stages. Ver had better overall lap time and newer Mediums when he overtook Ric but looking good for Renault.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:52 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr
Driver ID: #36
Car Number: #177
Achievements:

Thought Hamilton earned his boos in Montreal - you can't claim you don't want to win that way when you were straight on the radio whining to the stewards. There's only one reason you did that.

He's just such an utter poser.

Loved Seb's changing of the numbers after the race as a small act of defiance.

Stewards shat the bed on that one.

Loved Kvat's ballsy dive on Sainz at turn 1. Loved Gunter telling KMag to shut the fuck up.

But overall that race was just so dissatisfying.

Ugh.

G

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

VeloXR wrote:
Legit never cared about F1 prior to ASR. Pretty sure Mesa promptly told to like Daniel Ricciardo and go from there.

Started with watching Rush and following Niki's story then that was it. Interest in F1 secured.

Now I'm staying up late to catch the race, watching the latest paddock pass / driver interviews, and following all the twitters for the latest updates. Just recently binged the F1 series on Netflix with my gf and now she's relatively hooked (big fan of Daniel Ricciardo).

Anyway, Niki's story is truly inspirational. If you haven't already I'd suggest watching this playlist full of interviewing Niki not too long ago;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OyP3eL ... 0u048nfUY-

Please apologise to your gf on my behalf. Haha f1 is a disease for the other 50%

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:33 pm 
Site Admin
Driver ID: #1
Car Number: #76
Achievements:

Vettel putting the number 2 in front of Hamiltons car.....

I mean, why F1. Why do you keep hurting us like this.

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:36 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr
Achievements:

It's really beginning to feel like an abusive relationship at this point.

G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm 
ASR AC Champion

Achievements:

Ballsy move by Vettel changing the numbers. Agree with the above comments. What was Seb doing pushing his car backward after the race?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:25 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

Parkour wrote:
Ballsy move by Vettel changing the numbers. Agree with the above comments. What was Seb doing pushing his car backward after the race?

Good on him for doing that!

As for the car pushing.

Commentators said it was to avoid the post race interview with Martin and all that jazz.

But I swear officials were pointing/waving for him to stop the car with the rest of the other drivers. And one even got in front/beside him tell him to go backwards.

Think the officials there were confused as to where Seb was meant to go with his car. Not sure it was a protest that the commentators made it out to be. Walk to the Ferrari VIP area after defiantly was though.

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Unpopular opinion: Seb absolutely deserved the penalty. He could have straightened the car up and left room for Lewis, instead he let it slide to the track edge to block him. I'm quite sure of this having watched the replay, various angles, many times.

As to whether or not the rule itself is fair is another question, but it exists and was reasonably applied.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr
Achievements:

Ricciardo, Mansell and Andretti all disagree with you, Flounce.

G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr
Achievements:

Also, if you haven't seen it, the twitter spat between Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes over Rich copying the stag logo is piss funny.

G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:01 pm 
ASR AC Champion

Achievements:

Riccardo makes a fair point. Hamilton did the same to him back in 2016, but no penalty was applied then? You could reasonably argue that Hamilton already had the car corrected by the time he then decided to squeeze out Daniel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 pm 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

Parkour wrote:

Riccardo makes a fair point. Hamilton did the same to him back in 2016, but no penalty was applied then? You could reasonably argue that Hamilton already had the car corrected by the time he then decided to squeeze out Daniel.

Which one is worse?

Deliberate - its all good. keep racing
non deliberate - 5 seconds penalty

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 am 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Inconsistency in applying the rules has always been an issue in F1 and every sport. That's yet another issue.

Also, Seb's move was very deliberate. Split second yes, but a conscious effort to block Lewis. Which is why he got a penalty...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:38 am 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

In all honesty. I'm not sold Seb's move was deliberate or not.

But his natural instinct would of been to cover off Lewis.

But the debate for me is, does it deserve a penalty? When Lewis admits he would of done the same.

And for all of us watching, it was a race battle. Seb made a mistake. Lewis went for a gap that was closing and brake to avoid contact.

He was still go to continue on the fight. There was no contact.

What they did do was take away the battle. Which is what we're all ultimately reall pissed off about,

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 am 
Forum Admin

Car Number: #13
Achievements:

The 'appeal' can't possibly have any effect. Merc will just argue they would have pushed for the win but held back because they didn't need to.

These things need to be decided after the race.

I saw you driving my old car around Brands Hatch before, you were doing really well - world champion Alan Jones to me
What was a long drawn out it'll-get-better-soon fuzzy dream has become one of history's most epic gun in the mouth clusterfucks that a decade won't even half fix. - Flouncy on McLaren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 am 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Ploddy wrote:
The 'appeal' can't possibly have any effect. Merc will just argue they would have pushed for the win but held back because they didn't need to.

These things need to be decided after the race.

Yep, which is why the whole thing is pointless, a waste of time, energy, money and mental hope.

It won't be overturned, the FIA can't let it happen, it'll just open the flood gates.

Its a sport, once the penalty is given or not given and the game/race is over, all decisions are final.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:26 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

It's getting pretty juicy in the midfield.

McLaren best of the rest, but only .01 and .1 of Verstappen. Good for them, but worrying that they thought they would struggle in France, but then have great pace. Doesn't speak to good understanding of their car. Really hope this is not a fluke and they start pushing Renault and maybe even challenging red bull consistently?

Renault & Dan behind the Mclarens, but ahead of one Red Bull and only half a second behind Max. Can they actually be closing the gap to Red Bull?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:51 pm 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

Veedub wrote:
It's getting pretty juicy in the midfield.

McLaren best of the rest, but only .01 and .1 of Verstappen. Good for them, but worrying that they thought they would struggle in France, but then have great pace. Doesn't speak to good understanding of their car. Really hope this is not a fluke and they start pushing Renault and maybe even challenging red bull consistently?

Renault & Dan behind the Mclarens, but ahead of one Red Bull and only half a second behind Max. Can they actually be closing the gap to Red Bull?

I think consistently maybe not but on the right track with the right conditions yep!

My assumption is that red bull have a better car at generating heat in the tires and of course high speed corners because of their aero package. Ive heard Brundle make a few comments that their chassis/suspension is also good over kerbs. Mclarens look like they manage/generate less heat in their tires too, one of the reasons their race pace is good.

Weather forecast is slightly cooler (-1) and cloudy so might swing towards redbull if its cooler conditions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:47 am 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

... Feels like PC2 was giving track limit warnings for this race

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:54 am 
Forum Admin

Car Number: #13
Achievements:

Yep.

Gotta say, Dan deserved both penalties in the end. I don't think he was too surprised by them.

Why he didnt go left around Kimi I'll never know.

I saw you driving my old car around Brands Hatch before, you were doing really well - world champion Alan Jones to me
What was a long drawn out it'll-get-better-soon fuzzy dream has become one of history's most epic gun in the mouth clusterfucks that a decade won't even half fix. - Flouncy on McLaren

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next