Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 11:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:48 pm 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:
https://motorsport.tv/embed/0lCwLrqg-virtual-onboard-lap-of-the-new-hanoi-circuit?autoplay

Simulation of the Vietnam track

Hideous.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:02 am 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Existential moment: sitting here watching workers in Azerbaijan fixing manhole covers on TV. And loving it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:46 pm 
Forum Admin

Achievements:

Ha. Nice one. I turned it off once the hydraulic fluid had stopped leaking on the Williams :P

I saw you driving my old car around Brands Hatch before, you were doing really well - world champion Alan Jones to me
What was a long drawn out it'll-get-better-soon fuzzy dream has become one of history's most epic gun in the mouth clusterfucks that a decade won't even half fix. - Flouncy on McLaren

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:02 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

What has gone wrong at Renault?

Good analysis of where they currently are vs where they were in 2018.

But chasing their own reliability issues is endless, only have to look at McLaren Honda.

Performance vs Finishing races, which would you go for?

Because this is concerning:

Quote:
Renault introduced a MGU-K fix quickly, but any further changes from now on will incur grid penalties. That’s not ideal given there are still 17 Grands Prix still to go.

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:31 pm 
Mika Hakkinen

Achievements:

I feel like Honda and Renault have swapped positions now in terms of performance and reliability.

Which is surprising given the lead time Renault has had in the hybrid era.

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:58 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Think that's a cultural thing.

Japanese vs French and the drive to succeed and not shame mthe brand and company at Honda is a big motivator.

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 pm 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

F1 is a lie.

Leclerc 2020.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:36 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr

Achievements:

The Renault engine is at least reasonable, McLaren have been better than with Honda. The works team is a schmozzle at the moment. Hope Dancan get some much needed points tonight and get the seaosn back on track.

I don't even want to talk about Williams. At this rate I worry if they will exist in 5 years time.

G

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 am 
Forum Admin

Achievements:

2021 will be telling greggo. If they can turn it around then, then maybe.

I saw you driving my old car around Brands Hatch before, you were doing really well - world champion Alan Jones to me
What was a long drawn out it'll-get-better-soon fuzzy dream has become one of history's most epic gun in the mouth clusterfucks that a decade won't even half fix. - Flouncy on McLaren

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Achievements:

Loosing interest very fast for this season.....

And all this BS talk of DR making the wrong decision and highlighting Max on the podium as evidence.....has he won a race? Is the car championship potential? No, so who gives a toss if he's on the podium unless that car is winning regular races and not just pet events, the argument is idiotic.

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:09 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Everyone thought Lewis made the wrong call to go to Mercedes from McLaren.

I wasn't a fan of F1 back then, but from what I know, Schumacher went to Ferrari when they were nothing for a very long time, and look what he achieved.

We all, and he knew that going to Renault wouldn't bring him podiums, let alone wins, it was going to take time. He said it from the day the deal was announced. Are they performing worse than they expected? Probably, but it's still a works team.

Yeah, very sick of Mercedes 1&2 finishes of 2019 getting to a point where the 3mins highlights reel on YouTube is all I need to stay up to date.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:17 am 
Mika Hakkinen

Achievements:

Yeah Dan made a long play.
It's not going to happen this season or even next season.
Pretty much have to wait until 2021 to reset things constructor wise I feel.
Until then, he can be best of the rest, if Renault can pull their socks up.

Was unfortunate the safety car rolled out. Killed the strat play Ferrari had done with Leclerc.

Still enjoy watching the races, but yes, it's all about the rest of the field for the most part.

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:04 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Even the rest of the field is tough to watch, so much about team stuff ups, and their "parent" team coming into play when being lapped.

Dan is the long game, but I can't help but feel it's a long game for sign a new contract for 2022 2021.

Any possible get out clause Dan may have at Renault will be pointless with Bottas doing well so far and Charles is probably outperforming Seb right now, there's no where for him to go.

Now that I've said that, nowhere to go in 2022 2021 anyway is there.

OK, maybe this move is more and more grim if Renault don't improve with 2022 2021 rules.

Now I'm sounding like all the commentators.

Last edited by petevo on Tue May 14, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 pm 
Forum Admin

Achievements:

2021 Pete me ol mate.

So, a year less to sort it out.

:shock:

I have always thought that in Dan's back pocket is the plan to smash it in the Renault, prove himself to Ferrari, and take Seb's seat when he fails to deliver against Le Chuck.

2 years for that plan.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 pm 
Francois Cevert

Achievements:

In others news:
Quote:
Formula 1 is delighted to announce that the Dutch Grand Prix returns to the FIA Formula 1 World Championship from 2020. An agreement has recently been signed between Formula 1 and Dutch Grand Prix – a partnership formed by SportVibes, TIG Sports and the Circuit Zandvoort – and will run for at least three years.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.dutch-grand-prix-to-return-at-zandvoort-from-2020.1OTLRqLZB6mXdD1VPyHiNx.html

If you take that corner in 1st I will kill you -Cam
I'm just an old crankycunt -Kikz

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Ploddy wrote:
2021 Pete me ol mate.

So, a year less to sort it out.

:shock:

I have always thought that in Dan's back pocket is the plan to smash it in the Renault, prove himself to Ferrari, and take Seb's seat when he fails to deliver against Le Chuck.

2 years for that plan.

:oops:

Yeah it was totally always read 2021, don't know what you're on about Plods. :?

Yeah, I'm with you Plods, things Dan is playing a bigger game than he is letting on, line his pockets with cash for two years. Not just from Renault, but his own branding too, which i think could be less restricted at Renault vs RBR?!?!

No point staying at RBR when there is just going to be drama, give Dan a bit more time in the Renault and he'll easily have the better of the Hulk. Sadly you can see he had no confidence in the brakes, and the RBR was always able to enter into a corner at higher speeds than the rest (so i don't think it's ALL down to brakes) in Barca to ever make a real move/dive on Sainz.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm 
Forum Admin

Achievements:

Yeah, then he sodded off down the road as soon as he got past Sainz. The car had pace, good for 7th-9th I reckon, but with the penalty he had no chance.

BECAUSE YOU CANT PASS IN F1 NO MORE

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:08 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr

Achievements:

Totally agree with Lambo. He was on a hiding to nothing at RBR, had to make the move away from Max to give himself a chance.

I would be very wary of taking it to Le Chuck though. That kid has talent, and in two years' time will be well settled in at Ferrari. I reckon that's the Max problem all over again, except against a better driver.

The hope has to be that the Renault seat pays off in the long run rather than being a stepping stone to a better drive.

G

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:02 pm 
ASR F1 Champion

Achievements:

I agree.

You read the news stories about Dan's move to Renault being a failure.
And comparing Max's success at Redbull this year.

But Dan's move to Renault was always long term and they were very clear about not being competitive for at least 2 years.

And who cares if Redbull is quicker than Renault?
Redbull have lost ground to Mercedes and don't even look close to fighting for wins this year.

Realy unless your driving a Mercedes no other car matters.
I hope things change soon.

Dan's only chance to win a championship is either replace Hamiton at Mercedes when he retires.
Or maybe replace Seb at Ferrari after he leaves or gets pushed out.
Last option stay at Renault and hope they deliver a competitve package......and make big dollars while you wait.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Achievements:

So hands up on those who are now not interested in the rest of the season and will only watch hoping Bottas beats Hamilton to the DWC.....

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next