""

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:10 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

We'll be running an informal best and fairest championship on iRacing this season. For anyone wanting to share their weekly iRacing exploits with the community at ASR and compete for bragging rights on whom is the best and fairest racer for iRacing, feel free to join up.

Check out this thread for details http://www.atomicsimracing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2025, let me know if you want to join and I'll add you.

Season Standings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:12 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 1 - Results:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:13 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 2 - Results

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:20 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 3 - Results

Week 3 is complete and congratulations is in order for Vik - taking another round win with highest points haul on the Porsche iRacing cup, although Dork_Night coming pretty close with a solid score from the midgets at lime rock. This gives Vik a handy lead in the championship, 14 points ahead of Dork_Night, but with the bulk of the season still to come.

To date Vik is also the only racer to get a win in Season 4, and no-one seems to have cracked a pole position yet. Vik still has a pretty big lead in # of races, with Veedub's low number of races meaning he sits pretty clear on the safest racer list with only 2 inc's per race.

On to Round 4!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:52 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Driver ID: #114
Car Number: #777
Achievements:

Nice Work Vee!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Looks great Vee!

Due to internet issues, my last 2 MX5 races in Week 3 were DNF's and I think I lost something like ~200 IR, quite frustrating.

Also, I think I raced against you last night in the Skippys VikRacer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:12 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

dork_knight wrote:
Looks great Vee!

Due to internet issues, my last 2 MX5 races in Week 3 were DNF's and I think I lost something like ~200 IR, quite frustrating.

Also, I think I raced against you last night in the Skippys VikRacer.

yeah I know all about those dropped Irating situations! when I was getting back into it the other week I kept trying to join the skippys from the practice session and it would drop (seemed like it was taking to long to join) now I just join from the website straight to race session and it works everytime.

It was me last night, I thought I would give the skips another try since I know suzuka. jumped in cold start no practice spun out on the warm up lap before qualifying and then posted a 1:33 to start 12th , not sure where you started but I think you finished 4th and I finished 6th. you had a faster time too but I think I got mine down to the 1:27's by the end of the race. I didn't notice you were in the race until after it or I would have said hi :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:47 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

VikRacer wrote:
It was me last night, I thought I would give the skips another try since I know suzuka. jumped in cold start no practice spun out on the warm up lap before qualifying and then posted a 1:33 to start 12th , not sure where you started but I think you finished 4th and I finished 6th. you had a faster time too but I think I got mine down to the 1:27's by the end of the race. I didn't notice you were in the race until after it or I would have said hi :)

Yeah I finished 4th (Started 12th as I didnt qualify). Was my first time at Suzuka GP, had done Suzuka West last season but the GP config is a completely different kettle of fish. I think my lap times were around the 2.27 mark, I dont think i'm taking the first few corners correctly and thats where i'm losing a lot of time. Just need to watch some track guide videos I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:51 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

dork_knight wrote:
I think my lap times were around the 2.27 mark

oh yeah 2:27 not 1:27 :P

i'm pretty sure you were into the 1:26 at least once or twice :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

VikRacer wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
I think my lap times were around the 2.27 mark

oh yeah 2:27 not 1:27 :P

i'm pretty sure you were into the 1:26 at least once or twice :)

I had a look at my results and yeah I did go into the 2.26s twice. Did another skip race last night and did several 2.26s and a 2.25. Only finished 8th though as I was in a higher split and didnt bother qualifying.

Last edited by dork_knight on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:37 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

ill have to try them again over the weekend , 225's is pretty quick nice one

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:12 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

VikRacer wrote:

Cheers. I've been practising a crapload and can reliably do low 2.25s now, unfortunately week 4 is over though so no more Suzuka. I don't own this weeks Skippy track (Oulton) so i'm trying to decide what to do, I might just bite the bullet and buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

dork_knight wrote:
VikRacer wrote:

Cheers. I've been practising a crapload and can reliably do low 2.25s now, unfortunately week 4 is over though so no more Suzuka. I don't own this weeks Skippy track (Oulton) so i'm trying to decide what to do, I might just bite the bullet and buy it.

for what its worth I did Oulton for the first time in the last ASR season just recently and thought it was great fun.

Hey are you going to race in the upcoming PC2 indycar season with us?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

VikRacer wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
VikRacer wrote:

for what its worth I did Oulton for the first time in the last ASR season just recently and thought it was great fun.

Hey are you going to race in the upcoming PC2 indycar season with us?

I might have to pick up Oulton then, it does seem like a pretty fun track. Unfortunately I wont be able to participate in the upcoming season due to some personal issues, will definitely try and be available for the following season though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

If you intend on racing iRacing long term. Then it would be worth buying the track, just look at the calendar and see what other tracks you don't have yet and buy 3 at a time (guessing they still have a buy 3 and get a discount thing, helps offset having to pay GST).

Plus do 8 races a season and get $19 iRacing Credit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:27 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

Week 4 - Results

Week 4 is complete and congratulations is in order for Veedub - taking his second round win for the season, with a highest race points haul of 82 in the chaos and madness that is F3. The race saw him almost pulling off a last to podium race (with 19 runners) before some blue flag indiscretions saw him drop from 3rd to 4th in the last turn of the race. With Pete having a bye weekend this allows Veedub to move up to third in standings, closing the gap to leaders Vik and Dork_Night.

Congrats also to Vik and Dork_Night - both of whom managed to get podiums this week in Skippys (in both cases starting in 3rd).

Wins and polls still remain elusive for the group, with only a single win to Vik thus far in Season 4. Vik also still leads number of races, but with a long weekend in Sydney seeing Vee bring his tally up a bit. The higher number of races (all in the madness of F3) also means Vee's incidents for the season has take a big jump, with 39 incidents added over the weekend. Even so he still maintains a small lead in the safest racer standings with an average of 3.75 vs. Vik's 3.87.

On to Round 4!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:33 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Thanks for the update Veedub, and congrats again

I ended up buying Oulton this week and i'm enjoying the track very much except I had 2 races last night and got taken out twice in one of them and ended up rage quitting which dropped my IR considerably :x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:15 am 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Skipped the race last week, just wasn't feeling it. Race was around Brands Hatch, know the track well, but was well off the pace. And didn't feel like doing a race.

Did a race this week, but that did not go well for me spun at turn 2 on the first lap.... On my own. Shame as I had pace to be in the top 5. Know that as that's where I came back out in and stay there (a lap down).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:56 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Achievements:

petevo wrote:
Did a race this week, but that did not go well for me spun at turn 2 on the first lap.... On my own. Shame as I had pace to be in the top 5. Know that as that's where I came back out in and stay there (a lap down).

Yeah, always extra painful if it's your own mistake. And then tho have leader pace just runs salt in the wound.

My best race last week I'd started from the back of the grid and eventually fought my way to third. Leaders were way up the road, but I had pace and set about chasing them down. Pushed like crazy, and steadily ate into their lead, but with a few laps to go realised I wasn't going to catch them. Decided to slow down and consolidate 3rd. Next lap I lost concentration, pulled a Vettel and ran into a gravel trap and broke my front wing :evil:

Managed to still bring it home in 4th, but threw away an easy podium.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:28 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Veedub wrote:
petevo wrote:

Yeah, always extra painful if it's your own mistake. And then tho have leader pace just runs salt in the wound.

My best race last week I'd started from the back of the grid and eventually fought my way to third. Leaders were way up the road, but I had pace and set about chasing them down. Pushed like crazy, and steadily ate into their lead, but with a few laps to go realised I wasn't going to catch them. Decided to slow down and consolidate 3rd. Next lap I lost concentration, pulled a Vettel and ran into a gravel trap and broke my front wing :evil:

Managed to still bring it home in 4th, but threw away an easy podium.

Ouch. Shouldn't slow down, learnt that one a long time ago. Also, you should of qualified, would if saved yourself a bucket of free time starting up the grid.