Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am 
Alberto Ascari
Driver ID: #12
Car Number: #666
Achievements:

Hey guys, I put together the following, let me know your thoughts. Have yet to start a GP1 thread so keen to hear what you guys think of this first as I think it's essential both series' are in sync.

Australia - 13 Oct
Malaysia - 20 Oct
China - 27 Oct
Bahrain - 3 Nov
Spain - 10 Nov
Monaco - 17 Nov
Canada - 24 Nov
Silverstone - 1 Dec
Nurburgring - 8 Dec
Hungary - 15 Dec
Spa - 22 Dec
CHRISTMAS + NEW YEARS BREAK
Monza - 5 Jan
Singapore - 12 Jan
Korea - 19 Jan
Japan - 2 Feb
AUST DAY LONG WEEKEND
India - 9 Feb
Abu Dhabi - 16 Feb
US - 23 Feb
Brazil - 2 Mar

Now - as was suggested this allows for a break for every long weekend (state and national). BUT, there's only one long weekend that actually falls across this calendar, and that's the Australia Day weekend. Both Christmas and new years fall either side of race Sundays, so no affect.

However, because people have indicated they want breaks I've put in a break for xmas and new year's. Perhaps another artificial break could be inserted in the first 10 or so races just to balance it out. Personally I'd like to see it run without such a break, we'll be all keen for the game and the racing, why shove in a break after a handful of races just when things are getting exciting...?

Please post your thoughts. You'll have noticed I've set the week after game launch as the first race. This assumes everyone will be getting it day 1 and will be keen to get going.

In terms of tracks - take the list as provisional as it's possible we'll swap out some current tracks to make room for the new (Classic) tracks. But the dates are workable and that's what we need to look at first.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:04 am 
Site Admin
Driver ID: #1
Car Number: #76
Achievements:

My only slight concern is the start date. While I know everyone will probably be eager to get going the second it's available and get a ton of practice, that personally leaves me with maybe a Saturday to get acclimatised with the game. Which I guess isn't a major thing, just is what it is.

I do know that I'll be definitely be away for the Monaco Grand Prix on the 17th.

Other than that I don't see any major issues with the proposed calendar.

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am 
Ayrton Senna

Car Number: #19
Achievements:

Yeah looks OK to me at this stage, Start date will come up very fast as Lambo said.. and I would also like to suggest maybe having a 2 week break at Christmas/New Years. So have the final race of the year on the 15th, and fire up again for Spa on the 5th?

It's a pretty hectic time of year and it just gives a bit more flexibility for people who go away/see family/have hang overs :P etc over the Christmas period.

Other than that, I can't see that far into my future anyway, so should be fine, and if not I'll just have to deal with it... :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:25 am 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

In past experience, when a new F1 game has been released we've always had about 2 weeks between game release and season start - but there was always a lot of vented frustration at the time for the delay, people wanted to get going ASAP, hence my thinking, but let's see what others say.

Best if you don't post if you have personal things on that will make you miss a race, that only muddies the issue and we can't go making weeks-off just for one person.

In terms of Xmas, yeah we can insert another week, but it's already a long break as it stands...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:25 am 
Clay Regazzoni

Achievements:

I'm with Millen on the 15th of Dec being the last before the Christmas break. It means we get 10 rounds in before the break and it gives us a bit longer to enjoy some off season classic style racing during a slightly longer break.

I have no problem with the proposed start date.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:56 am 
ASR GP2 Champion

Achievements:

That sounds Ok. With the added extra week break at christmas that looks like a 21 week season, so if we were to split the 52 weeks a year into 2 we would have 26 weeks per the two seasons we get in a game. I'd be happy to have another weekend off at some point in the season, maybe before the last four, and then have a four week break between seasons but am also happy to go along with the general consensus.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

SOJ there's the Aust Day break before the last 4 races in there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
ASR GP2 Champion

Achievements:

EDIT: Shows I'm not an Aussie :). All good then.

I was just looking at where you put in on the calendar and that through me off. I saw Japan and India a week apart. Then looked back a week a saw it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

As always I'm not too fussed with when the races are on, as it generally doesn't make any difference to whether or not I race. These are the ways of nobody ;)

Oh and in another nobody move, I'll post about my intentions regarding me rocking up this season soon. Now I just need to remember who my writer alias was haha

Silly season is great :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm 
Keke Rosberg
Driver ID: #15
Car Number: #9
Achievements:

"Japan - 2 Feb
AUST DAY LONG WEEKEND
India - 9 Feb"

Where is the gap?

And like Nobody, I'm not fussed. Although I will throw my "2 x 25% rounds per race night" option out there just for sh#ts and giggles, I know no one listens to me but it seems kind of a long season at 6 months.

Meh. Game On! Lets ride b#*ches.

...now we are professionals, swearing edited?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm 
Forum Admin

Car Number: #13
Achievements:

My thoughts:

- Start 1 week later than is proposed, to give everyone a fair shake at fully testing the game.
- Make sure every long weekend is a weekend off.
- Run a Christmas break as proposed (15th?)
- Run all tracks, throw in special events (non-points rounds) on classic tracks during long weekends and christmas periods to give the addicts something to do.

In addition to this, maybe we should talk about substituting shitty tracks for awesome classic ones at some stage in the next few weeks before season kickoff.

I saw you driving my old car around Brands Hatch before, you were doing really well - world champion Alan Jones to me
What was a long drawn out it'll-get-better-soon fuzzy dream has become one of history's most epic gun in the mouth clusterfucks that a decade won't even half fix. - Flouncy on McLaren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:28 pm 
Riccardo Patrese

Achievements:

Finishing before round 1 of 2014 real season, highly approved. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:43 pm 
Jean Behra
Driver ID: #18
Car Number: #999
Achievements:

I have some news that I will be joining ET at Red Bull Racing for the new season. I'm sad to be leaving Toro Rosso and Millen as we had a great team and a lot of respect for each other in and out of the car but the chance to move up to Red Bull was to good to pass on.

Thanks
Jasegp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:45 pm 
Alberto Ascari
Achievements:

Ghost wrote:
"Japan - 2 Feb
AUST DAY LONG WEEKEND
India - 9 Feb"

Where is the gap?

Well spotted. The words 'AUST DAY LONG WEEKEND' should in fact appear AFTER the 19th Jan race. As below.

Australia - 13 Oct
Malaysia - 20 Oct
China - 27 Oct
Bahrain - 3 Nov
Spain - 10 Nov
Monaco - 17 Nov
Canada - 24 Nov
Silverstone - 1 Dec
Nurburgring - 8 Dec
Hungary - 15 Dec
Spa - 22 Dec
CHRISTMAS + NEW YEARS BREAK
Monza - 5 Jan
Singapore - 12 Jan
Korea - 19 Jan
AUST DAY LONG WEEKEND
Japan - 2 Feb
India - 9 Feb
Abu Dhabi - 16 Feb
US - 23 Feb
Brazil - 2 Mar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:35 pm 
Nelson Piquet Sr
Driver ID: #36
Car Number: #177
Achievements:

Wow, strong team at RBR for season 4! Will this affect other potential driver moves now that the gauntlet has been thrown down?

Regarding the schedule, I agree on the longer Christmas break, particularly given there are only two in the whole calendar.

G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:39 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

Fredz isn't at RBR? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:52 pm 
ASR GP2 Champion

Achievements:

WOW! RBR shock. Does fredz even have a say since he is the current RBR driver?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:30 pm 
Site Admin
Driver ID: #1
Car Number: #76
Achievements:

Current driver in a team always get the option to stay put, you can't take dibs on the car unless the current driver/s are vacating.

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Forum Admin

Car Number: #13
Achievements:

OOOOOOOOOO controversy!!!! I love it!!!

What will happen next ?!?!?!? Will Christian override the back door dealings? Will the FIA have to step in? Is Ploddy just trying to cause trouble?

Stay tuned.

I saw you driving my old car around Brands Hatch before, you were doing really well - world champion Alan Jones to me
What was a long drawn out it'll-get-better-soon fuzzy dream has become one of history's most epic gun in the mouth clusterfucks that a decade won't even half fix. - Flouncy on McLaren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:17 pm 
Clay Regazzoni

Achievements:

Lambo wrote:
Current driver in a team always get the option to stay put, you can't take dibs on the car unless the current driver/s are vacating.

Oh come on, I called dibs!!! lol, ok. So Fredz. Nominate if you are staying at RBR big guy. If you want it its yours cause I will be teaming up with Jase somewhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next