Season Guide: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1990
Car and Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1988
Drivers and Teams: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1987

Round Information
Date: Sunday 28 July 2019
Time: 7:45pm (AEST) [Practice Open at 7:25]
Track: CIRCUIT DE SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS
Car: Indycar (Road)
Weather report: Clear & Sunny (Summer, all sessions at 14:00)
Server Name: ASR Season 6
Server Password: asrpc2
Race administrator: Veedub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 pm 
Stefan Bellof
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Hi All,

Post a retrospective of Round 1 please take note of the following points in preparation for round 2.

- NEVER, EVER, EVER HIT THE BIG RED BUTTON AFTER QAULY. :)
    - Or for that matter exit from the race start screen. It's a bit of a pain to restart the session if someone has exited. (That being said - eagle eyed Schroda did spot the option to invite from the race start screen. I'll test and see if that is an option if it happens again, but even if so lets try and keep connected)
    - Everyone must be on discord. Ideally you should be able to both listen and talk (using push to talk) so you can follow and acknowledge instructions. At a minimum you must have Discord set up so you can follow the voice chat and then be able to respond via text chat in PC2.
    - Let's practice our pitstops, and remember the speed on the wheel display is in MPH. ;) Pitstop errors played way too big a role in the results for round 1, so here's to aiming for a round 2 with zero time penalties, missed stops, reversing in pitlane, running out of fuel and disqualifications.

See yall on Sunday. Shake n bake baby!

Veedub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:24 pm 
Jenson Button
Driver ID: #72
Car Number: #77
Achievements:

Veedub wrote:
Hi All,

Post a retrospective of Round 1 please take note of the following points in preparation for round 2.

- NEVER, EVER, EVER HIT THE BIG RED BUTTON AFTER QAULY. :)
    - Or for that matter exit from the race start screen. It's a bit of a pain to restart the session if someone has exited. (That being said - eagle eyed Schroda did spot the option to invite from the race start screen. I'll test and see if that is an option if it happens again, but even if so lets try and keep connected)
    - Everyone must be on discord. Ideally you should be able to both listen and talk (using push to talk) so you can follow and acknowledge instructions. At a minimum you must have Discord set up so you can follow the voice chat and then be able to respond via text chat in PC2.
    - Let's practice our pitstops, and remember the speed on the wheel display is in MPH. ;) Pitstop errors played way too big a role in the results for round 1, so here's to aiming for a round 2 with zero time penalties, missed stops, reversing in pitlane, running out of fuel and disqualifications.

See yall on Sunday. Shake n bake baby!

Veedub

The calamity is what adds to the fun! Especially when Flouncy, who was leader by a country mile, cries out in anguish and despair at being disqualified... it will add to the annals of ASR racing history :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 pm 
Stefan Bellof
Achievements:

Ah yes. That was legendary indeed. One day I'm sure Flouncy will be able to look back at it and laugh. But I'm pretty sure that day isn't today. Or tomorrow. Or anytime this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:29 pm 
Jochen Rindt
Driver ID: #10
Car Number: #11
Achievements:

He's just giving you guys the headstart you're all going to need on him, cause he's simply Indystructable 8-) 8-)

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:43 am 
Riccardo Patrese
Driver ID: #114
Car Number: #777
Achievements:

when he went in the pits I was could see him and it don't even look like he was speeding.. very harsh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:12 pm 
Keke Rosberg
Driver ID: #15
Car Number: #9
Achievements:

Indystructable....pfft. He will eat pancakes for sure from team SHAKE & BAKE!!!

(...I'm pretty sure that was a burn... yes definitely a burn, definitely...somehow)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm 
Stefan Bellof
Achievements:

Hi all.

I found something odd while doing a bit of practice today. It looks like when you run "force default setups" it always starts you off with the stable setup, despite what it might say in the pit menu.

Scenario is:
- you join a server with force default.
- when you load into the pit menu it will say "Loose" in small text in the bottom of the Setup button.
- If you want to race the loose setup you then think it's all good and start racing.

But in this case you would be wrong. Despite saying loose I believe it's actually loaded the stable setup. So if you've done all your practice on loose the car will feel quite different.

It's a quick fix though. Actually go into the setup menu and load the loose setup, after which you're sorted.

This could explain a couple of instances where I've joined a race and the car felt totally different to practice...

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:44 pm 
Stefan Bellof
Achievements:

Hi all,

Results for Round 2 below. Some good racing tonight. Much better on fuel strategies and the pit proces tonight and I think we're all starting to get the hang of it. Mostly unventful race other than when I finally had a chance to replicate that epic Webber/Alonso move in eau rouge, but totally stuffed it up. As a result Schroda (for a short while) played a flight sim rather than PC2. Sorry Schroda.

Congratulations to Veedub for taking pole and Flouncy for taking the double. Well done Founcy!

On to Round 3 at Donnington

Qualification Results

Race 1 Results

Race 2 Results

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm 
Site Admin
Driver ID: #1
Car Number: #76
Achievements:

Close at the top in both Championships:

http://www.atomicsimracing.net/atomic-p ... /season-6/

"You are the nicest person and greatest sim racer and also most handsome and funny person that ever lived."
Ben Mansill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:14 pm 
Riccardo Patrese
Achievements:

I shadowplayed when I watched a replay of race 2 yesterday, some good stuff, cars flippin' on lap two and bumper to bumper action :P good fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Ryz0NJF6g

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:16 am 
Luca Badoer
Driver ID: #111
Car Number: #66
Achievements:

VikRacer wrote:
I shadowplayed when I watched a replay of race 2 yesterday, some good stuff, cars flippin' on lap two and bumper to bumper action :P good fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Ryz0NJF6g

Thanks for that Vic, shame I missed it! Was that Schroda or Shooter that got punted on lap two?

Cheers,

Stu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:09 pm 
Alex Yoong
Driver ID: #108
Car Number: #99
Achievements:

I watched the replay of that race after it happened and Veedub doesn't really have anywhere to go after he commits. They both give each other room in the first half of eau rouge and he pulls alongside and then in the second half Schroda either swings wide to take his usual line (unaware perhaps of the car next to him?) or perhaps runs ride? Veedub is stuck going around the outside and they collide.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:42 pm 
Alex Yoong
Driver ID: #63
Car Number: #2
Achievements:

captainleather wrote:
I watched the replay of that race after it happened and Veedub doesn't really have anywhere to go after he commits. They both give each other room in the first half of eau rouge and he pulls alongside and then in the second half Schroda either swings wide to take his usual line (unaware perhaps of the car next to him?) or perhaps runs ride? Veedub is stuck going around the outside and they collide.

I had no idea Veedub was there.
We came out of the 1st corner, Veedub pulled beside me on the RHS, and then I pulled slightly ahead I thought,.
As he dropped slightly back, he was out of view,
I was no longer getting and Proximity arrows.
So assumed I was clear, and was taking my normal line through Eu De Rouge when I felt the hit.
I was totally unaware he was there, and wondered what the hell had happened.
It's all good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:49 pm 
Riccardo Patrese
Achievements:

well if nothing else it made for some excitement! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:49 pm 
Luca Badoer
Driver ID: #111
Car Number: #66
Achievements:

schroda wrote:
captainleather wrote:

I had no idea Veedub was there.
We came out of the 1st corner, Veedub pulled beside me on the RHS, and then I pulled slightly ahead I thought,.
As he dropped slightly back, he was out of view,
I was no longer getting and Proximity arrows.
So assumed I was clear, and was taking my normal line through Eu De Rouge when I felt the hit.
I was totally unaware he was there, and wondered what the hell had happened.
It's all good.

Do you use crew chief schroda? I find it quite a good addition to the proximity arrows. Also handy for telling me when I'm running out of fuel in these thirsty things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:18 pm 
Alex Yoong
Driver ID: #63
Car Number: #2
Achievements:

Do you use crew chief schroda? I find it quite a good addition to the proximity arrows. Also handy for telling me when I'm running out of fuel in these thirsty things.

Been using RS Dash for a good while.
Heard of Crew Chief.
Might have to give it a go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 pm 
Stefan Bellof
Achievements:

Yeah, it's all good. Eau rouge is not the best place for side by side, and with the benefit of hindsight I should have held back and made the move later.

All part of developing racecraft and building experience. Being able to make a move doesn't mean you should make a move, and I still find myself on the wrong end of that equation from time to time. Always found Velo's streams quite enlightening on this front. He could pass all of us with impetuity, but still was very considered in when and where to pass. Either way, lesson learnt. (Maybe ;) )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 pm 
Alex Yoong
Driver ID: #108
Car Number: #99
Achievements:

Veedub wrote:
Being able to make a move doesn't mean you should make a move

Having just rattled off a few practice laps I think that Donington is going to be a perfect example of this! It's narrow and there are many places to dive desperately on an opponent but not many sensible overtaking zones.