Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:18 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

Welcome to the Atomic Sim Racing Championship Season 4 Round 2.

Season Information
Season Guide: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1896
Guidelines and Penalties: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1898
Car and Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1900
Drivers and Teams: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1899

Round Information
Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Time: 7:45pm (AEDT)
Track: Silverstone International
Car: GT5
Weather report: https://www.wunderground.com/history/da ... luton/EGGW
Server Password: asrpc2
Race administrator: Ploddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 pm 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Do we need to check in? If so in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

In

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 am 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

Tricky track this one.

Did a few shakedown laps to test Bling Teams car development overnight ( Shark Fin, Active Suspension, Flexi Wings, Beryllium) heading to the euro circuit part of the season. Looks like most of them are working. :lol:

In.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

In.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:59 pm 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

if ppl were crying abt track limits at leguna seca, there's going to be a river of tears at this one :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 pm 
Jenson Button

Achievements:

Its more the shitty slowdown system. Slow down and still get a penalty..

Also in

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:51 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

mrtran77 wrote:
if ppl were crying abt track limits at leguna seca, there's going to be a river of tears at this one :lol:

I've only hotlapped here and Laguna. I found Laguna worse for track limits. The only place here I struggled with was the exit of turn 5, onto the back straight. That corner sucks in general, all the way through. 8-)

Last edited by kikz on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Yeah Laguna is balls for slowdowns. Touch a kerb and you pretty much have to pull a handbrakey and do half a lap backwards to stop the penalty.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

In. MrTran77, I started getting a few more track limit slowdowns last night as I started to push the limits more :) Some of those corners are sneaky too. You gotta really maximise them to get decent speed. Getting it right versus getting it safe can be worth many tenths.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Unfortunately things have come up and I am no longer in. Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:47 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

How many laps?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:25 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

2 races 30 minutes each. 2nd race is reverse grid.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:18 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

Unfortunately I'm not able to get the mobile internet working to a half-decent standard post-move. Ploddy is the race administrator for tonight.

I should be back next week :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 pm 
Forum Admin

Achievements:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:07 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

Sorry for those who couldn't make tonight, was very high quality racing across the field.

Q1 - Started a few runs and hit a 12.6 with a few laps to go. For some reason after that the tires started to go on me and couldn't really get any faster, like always potential was a few tenths up. Overall happy with p2, but a bit devo Kikz got me on the last lap, by 0.085. Damn that guy haha.

Q2 - Got an ok start and felt i had a bit of pace on Kikz for the first few laps. He got a slow down and we swapped positions. Said to myself ok lets put some consistent laps in. Kinda did until i got a slow down, and had to let him by. I wasn't very happy with stewards as i was penalised 1 second, even on half throttle for about 5-10 seconds. Kikz then set some very consistent times for the next 5-8 laps and built a gap of 3 seconds. I was overdriving the car to reduce the gap, and of course it didnt work. On the second or third last lap Kikz got another slow down and it was on like donkey kong. Quite a few moments i was on the inside and was so close to contact (happy we didnt touch though). He held firm so well done to him on the win.

Q3 - Everyone was racing hard and fair, really good to see everyone respecting in and out lines. A few laps with Vimes, Flounce, Plod, Bio, Cleadge were three wide into a lot of corners. Position changes everywhere. Got through that slowly and started to track down Plods who i know is super defence king. Unfortunately another slow down (stupid stewards!) for plods wrecked what was going to be a very tricky pass. Very happy with the win. Was going to be tricky if Kikz was there, but ill take it!

Talk about close racing, Qually diff between kikz and myself was .085, race 1 fastest lap diff was .05

Last edited by mesafto on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:46 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

Well done Mesa. Shame the other fast guys could put make it.

Q1 I was behind slower cars for the first few laps. I came back in and got new boots and once my tires got up to temp I managed to get pole, I was definitely worried though.

Race 1 was interesting. To add to what Mesa said, once back in the lead I noticed there was already a massive and increasing gap to 3rd place (massive given it was early on). I decided to back the pace right off and conserve tyres and see if the rest of the pack would come to us. We were still pulling a gap though so after a out 5-7 laps I got back on it and built up a gap. Wasn’t easy though and I figure only mistakes were the difference in lap times between myself and Mesa. When I noticed Mesa had a 1 sec penalty I realised I didn’t have to do much except not get a penalty myself and keep him behind. I got a few slow downs and took them. At the 2nd last lap, right near the end, I ran wide and got a slow down, it by that point Mesa was too close and I had to kee my foot it in and take the 1s, making us even. We crossed the line 0.3 or so a part.

I’m a bit surprised and disappointed by the gap between he and I, had on the rest of the field. - especially when the rest were so close.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:56 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

kikz wrote:
I’m a bit surprised and disappointed by the gap between he and I, had on the rest of the field. - especially when the rest were so close.

To be honest... In the second race it was hard work if your in the pack, you might pass one corner, but get passed on the next one. So the effect of racing side by side adds a few seconds already per lap. I was hitting 14's -16's, because there was so many compromises on lines.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:17 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

Race 1 fastest laps reflected quali times pretty well. For sure race 2 is a different animal and cars coming through the field can exp3ct to go slower than they could.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:42 am 
Mika Hakkinen

Achievements:

Race 1 I somehow came out properly in 3rd all by myself. But you Kikz, and Mesa were in a league of your own that race.
I could build a gap to 4th etc while they fought, but once they finally stopped Flounce and Plods behind him quickly closed the gap (some 6s) to me but I was far enough ahead to be 1s ahead by the end.
You two were long gone early and only extended. No idea how.
Hackers :P

Race 2 was epic battles. I couldn't work my way through the field despite some good attempts and all the squabbling going on ahead.

Good stuff.

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.