Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:00 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

The official Project Cars 2 Guidelines and Penalties document. Any updates to this document will be added as a reply to this thread.

Our procedures that are carried over to each championship are outlined here. If something goes wrong with the session setup / server this document will be consulted. If a session / server issue occurs and it's not documented, there will be a decision made on the spot and further review / documentation will be added for future reference.

It also outlines the expectations of drivers participation in our series and certain penalties that may be applicable due to extraordinarily irresponsible conduct on the track.

This should get us all on the same page. Feel free to PM me or reply to this thread if you have any questions :)

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhkteUUBqvyCgYxXBDFczJsCAZKb3w

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 pm 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Great job mate. Very thorough and clear.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:55 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

Nicely done Velo.
About time we had something in place.
Not that we require it all that often but it's nice to have to fall back on and take out any grey areas.

On the right track.

Should upload the pdfs to the menu on the main site, rather than the onedrive

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 pm 
Jochen Rindt

Achievements:

Nice and clear regulations, good stuff Velo.

G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

A question was raised (in short) regarding what I meant by "intentional contact" and if overtaking / racing room would count as intentional contact;

Intentional contact in this case is where someone goes out onto the track with the sole purpose of ramming someone off the road or causing damage. It could be that the drivers emotions got the better of them during the race and they decide to make contact as a form of "payback" of some sort. Or they just want to cause mayhem. That's not on on and it will likely be classed as a DNF and a review on whether the driver should continue to participate in ASR events.

Each incident raised is up to the review of the race administration team to analyse the incident and determine fault.

Your issues raised regarding overtaking / racing room are very different to intentional contact. It's not possible to define a penalty for every incident. So for now I'm leaving all incidents open to interpretation from the race admin team.

If the penalty system is used for a few incidents and they become common enough to use a consistent ruling. We might decide to define it in the document. At this stage there is no history to go on. It's something we'll grow into. As I said in the post, expect the document to change quite often.

Thanks for bringing it up. I'll be sure to clearly define what I mean by "intentional contact".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 pm 
Mika Hakkinen

Achievements:

I see the car reset button is being allowed next season. I'm glad!
Keeping drivers in the race will reduce rage quits that might affect season-long attendance.

The required pitstop or drive through afterwards though, I'm not sure is necessary or fair.

If you're the victim of a flipping, that's just a double slap in the face.
Let the driver decide if they need to pit to fix any damage. Otherwise, let them get on with it?

Point being the guy that flips mightn't be the perpetrator/aggressor. So the enforced trip to pits can't be a hard line rule imo.

What do you think?

"Grosjean is a human asparagus. Mildly satisfying but thin and weak." - Flouncy, truth speaker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:23 am 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:
I see the car reset button is being allowed next season. I'm glad!
Keeping drivers in the race will reduce rage quits that might affect season-long attendance.

The required pitstop or drive through afterwards though, I'm not sure is necessary or fair.

Let the driver decide if they need to pit to fix any damage. Otherwise, let them get on with it?

Point being the guy that flips mightn't be the perpetrator/aggressor. So the enforced trip to pits can't be a hard line rule imo.

What do you think?

Yeah I wondered that too but considering these cars likely won't flip I didn't worry. But you raise a bigger question. So does reset car repair damage automagically or just put it back on the track?

I've been in situations where I'm pressed against the wall with other cars stacked around me preventing movement until everyone gradually separates. I'd strongly consider reset in that situation even with a drive through.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:17 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

Eradicator wrote:

The reset has been allowed to give drivers an out so they don't have pack up and sit in the grandstand.

Being flipped on your roof / side is a major incident and should not be taken lightly no matter who is at fault. Your car would normally be out for the rest of the race if this happens.

A reset is very quick to get you back on the track and could give a driver a solid time advantage versus if the car did eventually complete the rollover back into a driveable position. A driver should have exhausted every option before using a reset. The drive through after a reset is there to ensure there is still a significant disadvantage to being flipped though without having the leave the session. A driver knowing they would have to take a drive through at a minimum will ensure the reset is the last possible choice to get back in the race.

Previously a flip meant your race was over. Now you can reset, take the drive through, optionally stop to repair damage, and complete the race.

There are now options for the race admin team to review each incident that is raised by a driver and possibly apply a penalty. If a driver would like us to review an incident they should PM me.

Flouncy wrote:
I've been in situations where I'm pressed against the wall with other cars stacked around me preventing movement until everyone gradually separates. I'd strongly consider reset in that situation even with a drive through.

A reset should not be used to get out of an inconvenient situation. As long as your wheels are on the ground there probably won't be a use case for the reset.

Flouncy wrote:
So does reset car repair damage automagically or just put it back on the track?

A reset only repositions the cars on track. It does not affect damage levels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

Under the section "Pre-race - Disconnections" There's no mention of race 2 disconnections. I had one before race 2 started last night. When I rejoined my only option was "spectate". Can you update the doc to reflect the rules for race 2s please? It was pretty obvious to me that once it says "spectate", my race is done. Official clarification would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

kikz wrote:
Under the section "Pre-race - Disconnections" There's no mention of race 2 disconnections. I had one before race 2 started last night. When I rejoined my only option was "spectate". Can you update the doc to reflect the rules for race 2s please? It was pretty obvious to me that once it says "spectate", my race is done. Official clarification would be appreciated.

This entry covers sessions moving from qualifying or the lobby into a race session. This applies to Qualifying / Race 1 / Race 2.

I'll clarify it further to ensure there's no confusion and qualifying is also included in the disconnection clause.

Quote:
If 2 or more drivers disconnect during the transition from either the Qualifying or the Lobby sessions
into a race session then the session will be recreated and a rolling start will be used.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm 
Giuseppe Farina

Achievements:

yea it was only after the start that someone mentioned they noticed that Kikz wasn't on the starting grid, although we were pretty sure everyone clicked ready to move to the starting grid.

Edit: scrolled through discord chat, apparently he was ready in the lobby but a series of unfortunate accident meant that he did not make the starting grid... I think no one noticed he was missing at the grid countdown and anyway you only have abt 2min to make it in.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm 
Forum Admin

Achievements:

Yep, confirm Tran has it about right. Most unfortunate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:14 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

About right. I could hear mesa (I think it was him) say I wasn't on the grid, when Ploddy asked if we were good to go :p
Also unfortunately for whatever reason my discord only broadcast my voice when it had focus. i.e. when PC2 wasn't the window with focus, as it was for most of the time. Either that or every single thing I said was ignored :p (I did check the focus thing and it's what I noticed was happening - some stupid message about admin privileges needed, too). Oh well, no real drama. As I said in discord, disappointing because I was looking forward to driving with other cars on the track, in Race 2, as Race 1 was a dull.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

Yeah, during the formation lap I noticed you were not around. Also, I couldnt hear you when you were talking during the formation lap/race. Prior to qually/sign up was fine.