Atomic Sim Racing

Online Simracing Community

""

It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:55 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

As we get underway here is the initial PDF information pack for our 4th Season of racing.

View in browser: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhkteUUBqvyCgYwvMo-EIlfXIVwySg
Direct download: http://bit.ly/2SbchkN

The new weather selection process will take the real-life recordings of the weather for each session on the specified days. I've had a couple of test runs and thought it worked really well. Drivers can check the weather themselves and practise or just go with the flow. Either way, default setups force the tyre choice at the start of the race.

Other than that I've pretty much written out what we've been doing anyway and tried to address a few common issues / questions.

Feel free to PM me or reply to this thread if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:07 pm 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Cool.

WHAT CAR?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 pm 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

Could you guys please reconsider the "Force manual gear changes" rule? Or atleast Allow auto gears on the support races?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:45 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

What's everyones thoughts on auto gears? I'm happy to change it. We'll be running the GT5 this season so I can't see a reason why not. If no objections by the end of today I'll change it over.

I'll post the official car / track list once I sort out the error I get when trying to post it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:10 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

If the car has auto gears then it should be auto gears. E.g if it's gt vintage then it shouldn't be auto.

Yeah still more keen on vintage. Mostly as ffb is better for me and I think multi car would be more interesting (selfishly). However I think the guys will drive anything really.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

I have no issues with auto gears as it allows for new guys to join in with less reservation.

Don't believer we've ever locked into manual gears, I could be wrong, for this reason.

"I don't really know anything anymore. A bit like Zoolander when he looks into the puddle -- who am I? Was it a puddle? Yeah. Anyway what did you ask me? You lost me at hello." [Dan Ric]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:21 pm 
Gerhard Berger

Achievements:

What about the "Force Interior View: Yes" setting. Doesn't effect when driving an open wheeler but with tin tops it makes it very hard for single screen setups. I consider VR and triple screen setups an advantage forcing this view.

I don't have a problem with auto gears if people require that, it's all about getting as many drivers as possible and keeping the racing fun.

I'm also going for a cheap wheel upgrade with a Thrustmaster TMX Pro for xmas, also works on xbox for the young fella and reviews seem good for the price point. The old Fanatec wheel just doesn't have any force feedback feel with the new games.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 pm 
Lewis Hamilton

Achievements:

Just a thought - will real weather mean a chance of snow? If it does can we specially exempt snow?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

the_bfg4 wrote:
Could you guys please reconsider the "Force manual gear changes" rule? Or atleast Allow auto gears on the support races?

Changed. Auto gear changes are now allowed. The sequential gearbox in this season should not give an advantage in any way either whether a driver uses manual or auto.

Jasegp wrote:
What about the "Force Interior View: Yes" setting

The interior view settings will be kept to interior. Having an exterior view option gives a substantial advantage to anyone who uses it.

I myself run a single screen and don't find it limiting to the point of a disadvantage. Applications like the in-game spotter or Crewchief give enough information to give you awareness of the cars around you without too much trouble.

Flouncy wrote:
Just a thought - will real weather mean a chance of snow? If it does can we specially exempt snow?

I've thought of that already :) "Any snow / blizzard / frost weather will not be used."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

Weather reports for Qualifying / Race 1 / Race 2 are now taken on Wednesday / Thursday / Friday respectively. This ensures the timezone difference of the track won't leave us without a weather report for Race 2.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:44 pm 
Ayrton Senna

Achievements:

Any chance of getting results from each round put through http://simresults.net/ ?
We used it for Assetto Corsa and I always enjoyed (I'm sure others did too) looking through its detailed statistics.

http://simresults.net/about contains info on how to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm 
Carlos Reutemann

Achievements:

Yeah big fan of simresults! Pretty please!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:45 pm 
Stefan Bellof

Achievements:

Once we've changed server hosts it might be possible. Currently we don't run a lua config as it breaks the lobby options.

I agree it's something worth looking into.