""

It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:05 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

So I've been wanting to do something with ASR and iracing for a while. Not another league per say, as I'd struggle to find another timeslot I can consistently race every week.

I'm more thinking of a table/list of what we're all racing in iracing with some competitave aspect to add a bit of something something to our individual iracing endeavours.

After pondering for a while I've come up with the following rough idea:
- We all nominate our primary Iracing series for the season. (E.g F3 for me).
- I'll then track and publish a weekly ASR iracing leaderboard based on everyone's series points as per iracing.
- Outright champion would be person with highest series score by end of season
- We can also have some minor championshio catagories. E.g. most improved (irating) cleanest racer (lowest incidents per race), etc.

Thoughts? Would anyone else be keen on this? Any other ideas?

Let me know if you're interested. If enough interest I'm happy to make this happen.

Cheers
Veedub

Edit: Looks like we have as one interest. So far we have the following. I reckon if we can get a few more this will be a goer.

- Veedub
- VikRacer
- PeteEvo
- dork_knight
- Chigarama (maybe)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Driver ID: #114
Car Number: #777
Achievements:

i'm not against the idea but i'm really shit, At this point i'm just competing with myself on that sim.there was a skippy bug this week as well that i lost about 300 irating from (it crashes the game when you hit the race button from pre race practice sometimes be careful, they say join direct from ui in skip, something to do with the new damage model or some such)
anyway yeah sure ill go in something if you get it going i think/hope i can only get better :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:48 pm 
Takuma Sato
Driver ID: #6
Car Number: #38
Achievements:

I've been thinking about joining iRacing to hone my racecraft a bit... You guys think it would be a beneficial method of doing so?

Keen for as much racing as I can, but probably still need to prioritise our season tracks so I'm not shit on Sundays.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 am 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

Chigerama wrote:
I've been thinking about joining iRacing to hone my racecraft a bit... You guys think it would be a beneficial method of doing so?

Keen for as much racing as I can, but probably still need to prioritise our season tracks so I'm not shit on Sundays.

yeah definitely bud, its online races on tap so whenever you can slip one in you sit down and go for it, the level is high though so im guilty of buying all the shiny cars and tracks and half ass attempting things and you get owned by people that are putting in at least abit of practice.. ive just started trying to put abit more time into it myself. tbh I reckon just signing up and getting involved in the mx5 free stuff(meaning play base content to start with very little inverstment to test out for a month) would be a great way to work on racecraft etc even when you buy lots of cars and tracks you come back to the mx5's their great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:41 am 
Michael Shumacher

Car Number: #62
Achievements:

Keen for this. Trying hard to get back into some form of racing. And iRacing fits best for me at the moment.

Shall try and think of a few things you could track/monitor. But works well enough just for people to post how they went each race for a hit of support like Vik had been.

----

Chig, race craft is hard to learn in iRacing, specially early on with a bit of chaos. But it improves a lot more as you move up. As Veedub said, don't just go buying cars and tracks to try. Pick a series/car you like and buy the tracks each season for it and stick to it.

But racing on tap is great as one poor race, and there is another one race soon after.

Plus the more ASR guys doing this means the more endurance team racing ASR can out together. Which is the best Sim Racing I've done and same said by those who have done it too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

Ive decided to pass on the skippy's they took all my irating and now im not a fan :evil:

i'm going to try and stick with the porsche 911 cup,advanced mazda cup,the cadillac v8 thing,new audi rs3 and these F3's.

haha damn there is my problem right there... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:45 am 
Luca Badoer

Achievements:

I'd be interested, I absolutely love iRacing, its been taking up all my spare time recently

VikRacer wrote:
Ive decided to pass on the skippy's they took all my irating and now im not a fan

I love the Skippys, the trick is (at least in the middle splits where I am) is to start at the back of the grid and wait for everyone to crash out

I haven't won any races starting from the back but I have slowly been able to gain some iRating

Last edited by dork_knight on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:33 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Look at your car number. If you're a top 3 or 4 car, better to qualify and stay out the front to try and get the win.

Its how I won my first and only iRacing race in the Skippy. Was top fo the 2nd split and went for it. Guy behind me eventually made a mistake and I took the win with relative ease.

Vik, that's alot of different cars mate, not making your own life easy there jumping between cars.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:26 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

petevo wrote:
Vik, that's alot of different cars mate, not making your own life easy there jumping between cars.

yeah i know its ridiculous :P, i've been off work for a couple of weeks on AL, something will have to give when i go back. Ill see what i like the most when i run out of time and stick with that.
dork_knight wrote:
I love the Skippys, the trick is (at least in the middle splits where I am) is to start at the back of the grid and wait for everyone to crash out

I cant even get on the grid with them, I've been hitting join race and then my Headset crashes and i'm back to desktop then I refresh my page and the join button is greyed out. then i try to join another session and it says i'm already in one even though im not. 40 minutes later it usually ends up -80 irating , i think one of them gave me a -107 irating in one hit , I like them and want to race them but when I got down to 700 irating i gave up lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:48 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Fair enough, have a play around with the cars whole you have time.

The Skippy's give iRacing a week or so to sort out. Seems to be happening to everyone in Australia at least. Alot of complaints on the iRacing Down under fb page about the same issues.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 pm 
Takuma Sato
Achievements:

Well, i'm up and running... technically.

Playing around in testing only, until i get control of the handling of the mx5... She's a real different beast, that's for sure. What even is aero?

Currently running ~1:50's around Okayama circuit... need to knock what... 5 seconds off? to be vaguely competitive... Probably only done ~10-20 laps so far though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:25 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

Nice one Chig !

there has just been a new tyre model introduced for some of the other cars, I reckon when the Mx5's get that same tyre model they will be so much fun. Door to door action :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 am 
Takuma Sato
Achievements:

Yeah I've seen the chaos in f3... Looks brilliant!

Honestly, I can't wait to get away from the MX5 and into something with more downforce than weight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:04 am 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

Chigerama wrote:
Yeah I've seen the chaos in f3... Looks brilliant!

Honestly, I can't wait to get away from the MX5 and into something with more downforce than weight.

straight to F3's and get right into them maybe? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:00 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

You gotta do the Skippy's it's a right of passage for all iRacers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:04 pm 
Takuma Sato
Achievements:

Yeah, i probably won't mind running around in the skippies... Prefer formula racing to anything else.

Running around in the mx5, and even in the GT3 cars to a slightly lesser degree in PC2, i'm finding the need for a round wheel.

Using the McLaren GT3 wheel on the mx5's turns it into a wrist bruiser if you happen to hit a barrier. Nearly gave myself a black eye yesterday from it throwing my hand off the wheel with such vigour!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:43 pm 
Jacky Ickx
Achievements:

Chigerama wrote:
Yeah, i probably won't mind running around in the skippies... Prefer formula racing to anything else.

Running around in the mx5, and even in the GT3 cars to a slightly lesser degree in PC2, i'm finding the need for a round wheel.

Using the McLaren GT3 wheel on the mx5's turns it into a wrist bruiser if you happen to hit a barrier. Nearly gave myself a black eye yesterday from it throwing my hand off the wheel with such vigour!

ouch! is that a dd1 or something?

i can see how that would be a problem. another wheel it is then... :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm 
Takuma Sato
Achievements:

VikRacer wrote:
ouch! is that a dd1 or something?

i can see how that would be a problem. another wheel it is then... :P

Yeah, 100% force feedback, so 20nm of torque.

Feels great when just going around the track, not heavy, nice detail. But if you hit something, it hits back!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:42 pm 
Gerhard Berger
Driver ID: #103
Car Number: #24
Achievements:

Thanks for all the feedback gents. I think there's enough of us to give it a go and I'm sure as we go more will join.

So here's what I suggest.
- Seasons align with iracing season.
- For each week participants will be assigned a week finish position based on their highest champ points score across all races (any class/catagory) they completed that week. E.g Vik got 75 for a Skippy race. Veedub got 61 for a F3 race and Caelum got 66 for a MX6 race. Final finish positions for week would be 1st Vik, 2nd Caelum, 3rd Veedub.
- F1 style points is assigned based on each week's finish position. I.e. Vik gets 25, Caelum gets 18, Veedub gets 15.
- Best 8 rounds count toward final ASR iracing BaF championship position.

We'll also track a couple of side trophies for the season, being:
- Most wins
- Most poles
- Safest Driver (lowest avg inc per race).
- Most Races

Should be a good mix of items to track so we can showcase, share and discuss our iracing exploits.

Thoughts?

If you're keen look me up and send me a friend request on iracing (Pieter van Wyngaard) I'll then put this together retrospectively for week 1/2 and start tracking & publishing going forward.

Cheers
Veedub

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:04 pm 
Michael Shumacher

Achievements:

Veedub wrote:
If you're keen look me up and send me a friend request on iracing (Pieter van Wyngaard) I'll then put this together retrospectively for week 1/2 and start tracking & publishing going forward.

Cheers
Veedub

Sent: Hunt me down too if you wish "Peter Ho" gents.

Also a couple of you have found "ATOMIC SIM RACING" iRacing team too.